• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new here, with a 6.5L Camaro

Heath hit a record in a 6.5 truck, 153mph, which is a little different aerodynamically and weight to power ratio. I could do that with the stock camaro.

Awesome project, wont be as much horsepower but a little more torque than my 97 LT1 Z28, but youll get better mileage than me, even my truck does.

The 3800 V6 aint bad, but anything less than 8 cylinders is disappointing in the camaro.

6.5 is a great diesel engine for an easy swap, not very complicated.

Heath hit a record in a 6.5 truck, 153mph, which is a little different aerodynamically and weight to power ratio. I could do that with the stock camaro. Interesting, I don't think my roll bar is certified for that kind of racing. I read the article a while back, twin turbo c1500 on the Salt flats, right? Very fast truck. If the car gets a 10 point, I'll will definately give it a try!! :D

Awesome project, wont be as much horsepower but a little more torque than my 97 LT1 Z28, but youll get better mileage than me, even my truck does. That your anniversary edition Z in the avatar? White interior?, always dreamed of havin one. :thumbsup:

The 3800 V6 aint bad, but anything less than 8 cylinders is disappointing in the camaro.

6.5 is a great diesel engine for an easy swap, not very complicated.:confused:

Cody

cant wait to see and hear it run.

And yes its a 30th Anniversary edition with the houndstooth bucket seats with white leather around it. I havent taken good care of appearance or interior, but its fast as all heck. Besides the 4l60E that I replaced it was a incredibly reliable vehicle. The 6.5 should hook up to the 4L60E as well.

I want one really bad. That thing is beautiful. You found the right place. Love it.

Thank you,

If you really want one....

As soon as we get a good group of people together here at LMS, I plan on duplicating this car. I have the facility and the equipment to complete a couple more Camaros. The build process was fully documented and photographed. A detailed build sheet would come with each car.

As with any handbuilt car, there are no amenities. The car was built for the track, but will be able to DD just as well.

The first Camaro, the one you see here, is just a prototype. Improvements have already been planned for the next one. Options including WMI, Air/Water IC, twins, Injection pump, gear ratios, etc will be available too.

Cody

Thank you,

If you really want one....

As soon as we get a good group of people together here at LMS, I plan on duplicating this car. I have the facility and the equipment to complete a couple more Camaros. The build process was fully documented and photographed. A detailed build sheet would come with each car.

As with any handbuilt car, there are no amenities. The car was built for the track, but will be able to DD just as well.

The first Camaro, the one you see here, is just a prototype. Improvements have already been planned for the next one. Options including WMI, Air/Water IC, twins, Injection pump, gear ratios, etc will be available too.

Cody

Can a manual transmission be had? I love the look of that Camaro, with just the standard z28 wheels on it. Just looks like factory. MPG, and the ability to run on BioD or Veggy really make that setup appealing. A Veggy sports/muscle car? Oh yeah.

When my Z28 Lt1 was stock it got pretty good MPG in IL, up to 25MPG on the highway, city I floor it too much to tell, but then it would be like 14MPG, although not able to run WVO!

I'd like to see the MPG on this lightweight for the 6.5TD, and what kind of 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers, since stock in 97 the 350 Lt1 came with 280hp and 330ftlbs torque, and got better with the newer LS1, or an SS.

Can a manual transmission be had? I love the look of that Camaro, with just the standard z28 wheels on it. Just looks like factory. MPG, and the ability to run on BioD or Veggy really make that setup appealing. A Veggy sports/muscle car? Oh yeah.

I have already looked into a couple manual trans setups. I almost went with one in this Camaro. The NV4500 2wd with a solid flywheel/upgraded clutch would be bullet proof. I know the bellhousing is the same between the 6.2, 6.5, SBC,BBC and LS1. Maybe a T56 6-speed viper spec? We will build to suit the buyer.

Biodiesel was one of the motivating factors behind building this car. When i get all the bugs out I may add an additional heated fuel cell. Go green right?

Right now, with the two batteries next to the fuel cell, the turbo, etc there isn't much room in the rear for it though. Should be good for weight transfer :D

Cody

Back