• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new here, with a 6.5L Camaro

Rafedial1

Reaction score
I've only been here since today and can already tell this is a great place for all diesels.

I thought I would introduce myself and my car.

I have a side project I am working on. The car started as a 1994 Camaro V6 car, no options, drum rears, nothing special. Got a donor engine from a Chevrolet truck with a 6.5L turbo diesel/4L80E drivetrain. just about near completion. Test drive within a month.

This is how is sits as of today.

Cody

Attachments

• DSC01176 smaller.JPG
    DSC01176 smaller.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Welcome to DTR Cody. That sounds like a real neat project, I too will be interested to see more pics as it comes together. Do you have any pics as you progressed through the build?

welcome to the site.....would have been nice if you had a 6.6 Duramax donor sitting in there....

Great job Cody! WELCOME to the site btw.

So what year of truck did it come from? After all that work I hope it's a good engine LOL. Make sure you read about the PMD failures...if you got one that is.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

A couple more details about the Camaro. The drivetrain was originally OBD1 electronic injection. it has since been completely rewired and converted to mechanical injection. Injection pump is a Marine spec DB2. The injectors are new OEM Bosch. The turbocharger is rear-mounted with external wastegate with adjustable boost control. The 4L80E got a shift kit and valve actuator repair, new filter/fluids.

Here's a pic of the turbocharger location.

Attachments

• DSC01067 small.JPG
    DSC01067 small.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 172
Welcome to DTR Cody. Look forward to seeing and hearing about the car some more. Love to have you post up a video in the future if you can find time.

Back