• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Guy

4th one my IP - notice the green wire clip on the top, just right of center, that was broken! could be one of my problems - it was like that I didn't do it. Green wire -ground? NO!!! Not a ground!

In general we need a different kind of "focus/zoom" in the pictures. For example a close up picture with the wire in question on the IP would help us better. I really have no idea where this rotted out fuel line comes from or goes as it's on the tailgate. I suspect it may be a return line from the IP and injectors like they do in pickups. The Fuel Filter picture makes me second guess that. The line on the engine in a picture would help us "See" it. Pictures really help us help you.

The IP generally has three wires: Pink is ignition on run: is +12V with key on. Remove 12V engine stops. Next we have two green wires that are tied together for "Cold Advance" and high idle. One wire goes to the top of the IP (cold advance) and the other goes to the high idle solenoid. They come from a temp switch generally in the thermostat crossover. Is should have the two connectors on the switch reading "0" ohms when cold. It opens around 140F I recall. If the engine shuts off when warming up you got the green and pink reversed on top of the IP. Engine running pop the pink wire off and engine should stop.

Green is NOT a ground in automotive wiring. Black may be a ground, but, not always.

One wire goes to the top of the IP (cold advance) That's the one! I ordered a new series 56 female cover for it as the old one was crap and I'm waiting for that to install it . Thought I was ordering a product made here buts its another China thing - WHY are we making this country rich? Anyways, couldn't get the fuel line in still. I have to remove the thermostat crossover pipe to get it in. What I can not understand is why this line has all these bends and turns when it is almost a straight shot from the front of the engine to the back of the engine and a 90 degree to tie into the fuel filter/ water separator unit! Anyways , no time this week, next week I'm getting this done.

Back