• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new guy

bird man

Reaction score
hello i live in connecticut,and picked up a project truck last winter .its a 95 gmc k 3500 dually.it has a 6.5 turbo with 5 speed manual tranny.i found it on the internet at a place in minnesota,billed as rust free,something unheard of in ct.it has 130,000 miles on it.i got it home and started giving it the once over,while it may be rust free it became evident that the truck had a hard life.not much of anything to do with suspension and steering didnt need replacing,i also replaced clutch and had the tranny and transfer case rebuilt while i was under there and of course brakes front and rear.anyway thats my baby.im retired from the concrete business and always had a fondness for a good work truck whether im working or not im more comfortable in a truck.i joined your forum because im shure ill need someones advice from time to time and who knows maybe i can help someone since ive made a living driving and some times pulling trucks where they were never intended to go. by the way my user name is birdman my real name is mike.054.JPG

Welcome to the forum. Yep good lookin truck. Joe Diffie said it best in his song Pickup Man. That one always gets a tick up on the radio volume.

Welcome. Not ever said around here: " I wish I didn't bring the truck."

Back