• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New guy

Reaction score
I'm known as Gus across many forums for Jeep, Kawasaki and GMC trucks. I've been wrenching since '82 on my own rigs, but far from being a self professed 'expert'. When I'm working on my rolling stock I do photo posts and links to other forums where information is in line.
A former Marine (if there is such a thing) and work for a bus company since I got out, much like my father did. Apart from a bier gut we share little else.

It's a '96 K1500 Suburban w/5.7l/350 fully loaded from the dealer (have the window siticker build sheet) mods. LED headlights w/GLASS composites, Hella Jumbo fog lights, added underhood relay box under the hood for control of both. Now trying to upgrade the alternator from the CS130 to the CS144.

Welcome Gus.
Also a fan of the 144 over the 130. If the brackets are that hard to find anymore, what about calling Powermaster and seen if they have a cs130 that can do what you need? Their starters are top notch also fyi.

Does anyone know,: I thought Leroy or someone here was building replacement bracket kits.

Back