• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New guy from N.E. Ohio.

I've found that Toyotas die up here from rust quicker than anything else. I swear their metals are thinner or not as corrosion resistant to salt. I know you feeling OP.
I had a 97 4Runner that I loved, bought it wrecked. Cleaned it up and rebuilt and sold for $3k, paid $150 for it.
Rmz8r31.jpg

tEq3xsJ.jpg

3CFYvDB.jpg

RYpJtLV.jpg

MEsMvSm.jpg

Sorry to pollute but these images blow my mind. I replaced my 6.5L due to ROT, not engine failure.

GJkRzsw.jpg

M4rSA6Z.jpg

pWuVTaR.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this one, I actually had a rot hole in my manifold about 6 months before my scheduled engine replacement. Got some exhaust putty and fiberglass and banded with a hose clamp. Never blew out with 14 PSI.
MalWdEL.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also had pics somewhere of my JB Weld'ed oil pan. Had about 4-5 rot holes in it and leaked a half quart a night. Things you do to get by...
I just read today that a Japanese metal manufacturer's CEO resigned, they had been falsifying the specs on the metal they produced for 5 decades.

Back