• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New guy from N.E. Ohio.

Rockabillyrat

SlIgHtLy StUpId.
Reaction score
Greetings everyone! New guy here from Ohio. New to the forum but not to trucks. I'm a 30 year old auto/truck mechanic. I attended my local JVS in highschool. Then got my associates degree in auto and light truck from the University of Northwestern Ohio. I'm an now entering my 15 year as a mechanic. Over my career I've worked on everything from small cars to class 8 trucks. I was a master ASE certified mechanic at the age of 20 and an advance level in both gasoline and diesel engines at the age of 21. I specialize in modern diesel maintenance, repair, and performance.

I joined the forum to learn more about IDIs and share my up coming build.

My truck is a 69 c10 on a 78 k20 frame. It will be powered by a optimizer 6.5. in front of a nv4500 and 205 case. I picked the 6.5 because I wanted a mechanical diesel and wanted something different than all the Cummins swaps. (Although I am putting a 12v in my 46 dually but that's another story)

Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to learning a few things about these old IDIs and sharing some of my knowledge as well.

Welcome to The Truck Stop.

Interesting projects that you are about to take on.

I have always been real fond of 1969 C10, Chevy trucks, I learned to drive in one. That was my main transportation for a few years after I got my drivers license. Oh the times that I had in that truck as a teenager.....:D:smuggrin:

We had a 71 K-20 I drove to high school in almost mint condition, A friend from Cleveland OH offered my Dad a pretty good price for it back in the early 90s. He used it for a plow truck till it rotted to the ground! What a waste of a good truck. I had a hard time forgiving my Dad on that decision. LOL

We had a 71 K-20 I drove to high school in almost mint condition, A friend from Cleveland OH offered my Dad a pretty good price for it back in the early 90s. He used it for a plow truck till it rotted to the ground! What a waste of a good truck. I had a hard time forgiving my Dad on that decision. LOL

NE Ohio is where good trucks come to die. My daily driver was mint when I bought it. 4 winter's later the bed and cab corners are gone lol

I've found that Toyotas die up here from rust quicker than anything else. I swear their metals are thinner or not as corrosion resistant to salt. I know you feeling OP.
I had a 97 4Runner that I loved, bought it wrecked. Cleaned it up and rebuilt and sold for $3k, paid $150 for it.
Rmz8r31.jpg

tEq3xsJ.jpg

3CFYvDB.jpg

RYpJtLV.jpg

MEsMvSm.jpg

Sorry to pollute but these images blow my mind. I replaced my 6.5L due to ROT, not engine failure.

GJkRzsw.jpg

M4rSA6Z.jpg

pWuVTaR.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this one, I actually had a rot hole in my manifold about 6 months before my scheduled engine replacement. Got some exhaust putty and fiberglass and banded with a hose clamp. Never blew out with 14 PSI.
MalWdEL.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also had pics somewhere of my JB Weld'ed oil pan. Had about 4-5 rot holes in it and leaked a half quart a night. Things you do to get by...

Last edited:
Welcome to The Truck Stop.

Interesting projects that you are about to take on.

I have always been real fond of 1969 C10, Chevy trucks, I learned to drive in one. That was my main transportation for a few years after I got my drivers license. Oh the times that I had in that truck as a teenager.....:D:smuggrin:
I can imagine;)

Back