• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New guy checking in. Finally!

KenDDiesel

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Thought maybe I'd introduce myself. Been a member for a while just mainly lurking.
Also been a member on the place for a while.
Picked up my first 6.2 pickup about 3 years ago now with intentions of Cummins swapping it.
But the 6.2/6.5''s have grown on me and I haven't been burned by them yet. So the swap has taken a back door.
Been a hot rodder and do it yourselfer all my life.
So the 6.2/6.5''s don't scare me none.
Not the best with technology so I'll see if I can get some pics up.
My trucks are all k30 crew cab dually''s in various stages. I had an 85 k2500 suburban 6.2 banks turbo. But unfortunately I needed to sell something and it didn't make the cut.
One 6.2 banks turbo, th400/ np205. And gear vendor.
One 91 v3500 6.5 turbo 4l80e/np205.
And a n/a 86 6.2 th400 gear vendor 4.56 gear truck.
Anyway. Enough of the talking. I'll work on pics.
Thanks, Ken.20151108_150454.jpg20160401_112216.jpg20160412_154930.jpg20160818_182608.jpg20151003_190016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to The Truck Stop! Nice stable of trucks. I made your pictures full size. You can select the all full size option when posting pictures.

Thanks guys!
Yea, I really didn't want to get rid of the suburban.
But It was it or one of the crew cabs and for some reason I can't let em go.
That and I had gotten a smoking deal on a jeep cj7 that basically did everything the burb did for me but better and cheaper.
The extra room was nice though.

Welcome. Nice trucks.

How do you like the Gear Vendor? Do you split gears or just use for overdrive?

When slowing down with the GV what is it like? Do you down shift it before it drops down and how much of a clunk is it? If you forget to downshift it will it clunk worse or about the same?

Welcome. Nice trucks.

How do you like the Gear Vendor? Do you split gears or just use for overdrive?

When slowing down with the GV what is it like? Do you down shift it before it drops down and how much of a clunk is it? If you forget to downshift it will it clunk worse or about the same?

I like the gear vendor, they're kind of finicky but it's definately better than not having it.
I use it mainly as overdrive, honestly I don't see how you could truly use it as a gear splitter for every shift. Especially with an automatic.
But It has been engaged during a full throttle forced downshift to second which if I believe gave me a second over. Somewhere between third and second.
Slowing down.. I just drive it like I normally would anything else. The only thing I do is i watch the mph pretty closely when running in automatic mode.
If i start getting down around 30-25 mph and it hasn't kicked itself out yet I start getting ready to hit the switch. They say leaving them engaged below 30mph can burn them up.
Not sure what you mean about forgetting to downshift? I don't downshift at all in order to disengage the od.
But if you did I'd imagine the clunk would be harder than normal.
So the engagement and disengagement. On one truck it engages smoothly but firm and disengagement is similar.
My other truck, Disengagement is violent and about the worse damn feeling ever.
Not sure if it's the difference in gear ratio/tire diameters, or some other possibles. Haven't quite figured why yet but it's on the to do list.

Back