• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New forum area

Turbine Doc

Just Another Diesel Guy
Reaction score
Well since so many seem to be posting questions about performance for the 6.5 we created this area for those so inclined to push the envelope with the 6.5 to have a place to discuss such matters.

This will allow the main 6.5 area to be where we discuss the run of the mill things 6.5 and mild performance, racing, cams, intakes etc will be moved to this area going forward.

Last edited:
6.5 performance, isn't that like jumbo shrimp
stirthepot.gif
):h):h:eek:

Turbine Doc said:
This will allow the main 6.5 area to be where we discuss the run of the mill things 6.5 and mild performance, racing, cams, intakes etc will be moved to this area going forward

Things that might best belong here:

- Discussions about performance regrinds for camshafts, custom intakes, twin-or-compound-turbo assemblies, nitrous, propane, dual injection pumps, etc...

... mostly theoretical, not very practical stuff. Things that could blow up your rig. Stuff for the 'enthusiasts' in the crowd, but stuff the average guy who wants to keep the parts together might not be interested in.

6.5/6.2 Racing, Sled-pulling, and competitions live here, too!

Regular forum performance ideas might include:

- Intercoolers, WMI, different turbos (HX, HY, ATT), marine injectors, FTB, different LP, exhaust, etc.

Along with towing, fuel economy, durability, and all the other things for the average 6.5 owner.

There is bound to be some degree of overlap, but let's try and see how manageable this is... this provides a defined space that's unique to 6.5 turbo diesel forums!

Jim

This STICKY belongs in the OTHER area to bring attention that this area exists. IF you're reading this sticky, you already know its here :)

This STICKY belongs in the OTHER area to bring attention that this area exists. IF you're reading this sticky, you already know its here :)

Good idea Matt kind of between a rock & hard place if we have too many stickies though; then it gets cluttered, so I'll just leave this one stuck here.

The performance area is pretty visible amongst the other topic areas, plus I trust rest of you guys will get word out directing folks to come here when required.

usually when I log on I click on new posts and read everything of interest other sites I just scan thru 6.5 section and see if there is something interesting.

usually when I log on I click on new posts and read everything of interest other sites I just scan thru 6.5 section and see if there is something interesting.

Thanks for this suggestion. I use to wonder how mods without a 6.5 could get all over posts so fast that didn't belong where they were placed!

This allows me to use the forum in an entirely better way! Thanks AK for the suggestion.:thumbsup:

Back