• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Engine Block

They are an Internet store-front for Chinese engines. There were some bad reports in the past with customer support for flawed engines. But they are still around so could be a luck of the draw thing. Not an Optimizer but probably ok and as good or better than the early GM blocks.

The internet has a few rebadged versions of this Chinese engine. By the way there has been no Canadian engine mfg of the Optimizer engine. For a new Optimizer go with a Vendor with a good reputation from a trusted forum or call GEP for the nearest distributor.

Their website has optimizers for sale on it. Are they skirting some loophole in the wording and just selling Chinese crap?

I am looking for an optimizer bare block that my son and I can build. I am putting a used one in my sons truck but with both of us having 6.5' with over 250k each on the engines I figure they are going to go sooner rather than later so I just want to get a new build going that we can take our time on and build right.

There is no Canadian foundry. Just like there was no Brazilian foundry before that. If they're willing to lie about that what else are they willing to lie about. I'd get a Ted's engine and build it rather than a bare block alot less parts to source

I am with our friend in Alaska on this. (In spirit of course, in person i would be freezing so bad I couldn’t type!) Yes a gep block is the better choice over gm block. But if making the jump get all the improvements. Block, heads, crank, rods, camshaft, pistons are all a step up.

Thanks Guys! So I am thinking if I really want the best block I should probably start looking at auto dismantlers for 2005 H1 6.5's or newer since the new optimizer blocks aren't available anymore.

Avoid 6-5litre at all cost's. There's even some reports of them screwing people on there supposed reman duramax's. If you don't mind a chinese block, titan in Ocala Florida I believe sells bare blocks. A friend of mine got a longblock from them, and it looked really nice. All the machining was clean, and it was a very quiet engine with good power. As far as I know, he sold it, but it's still running as he sold it to a friend about 4 years ago.

Back