• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Downpipe Peek

Very nice. I did some digging around for the metric to flare fitting (nearly 2yrs ago) and one I found based on the HX35 threads I have was made by Russell #607520 14x1.5mm on one end.. Is this even close?

Very nice. I did some digging around for the metric to flare fitting (nearly 2yrs ago) and one I found based on the HX35 threads I have was made by Russell #607520 14x1.5mm on one end.. Is this even close?
Its 12x1.50 but the problem is every one available is an6 and that's the 37 degree fitting, the OEM fitting is sae 45 degree and wont thread on a an fitting, I am having some made with that configuration

I Know this is off topic a bit, but I was wondering about your new pdr hx35 turbo with the banks housing. Is it better for towing than your hx40II was? Does your downpipe kit work for this also?

Agreed, While you're doing this right. Please investigate machining the fitting that mates with the downpipe to have a similar bevel to that of the factory turbo. This way the flange will mate to the flare of the downpipe and have a better time sealing. The flat surface on the previous and upcoming design seals based on a flat seal around the other edge only. As seen from Matuva's post this leaks for him, as I suspect it does for others. Just some feedback to improve upon something that's really making these conversions much easier.

I have all the parts to build the prototype and jig for the HX40 downpipe so I will be doing it this weekend, I should have some ready for sale in about 2 weeks

Back