• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Custom Bumper for 88-00 trucks

I have to get one in here and start to play with it to make everything work, and flow with it properly....

any of you 6.5 or 6.2 guys here in AZ?

:nonod: i know i'm not. closest i'm gonna be is in New Mexico where 491 and I40 intersect when i'm headed up to utah.

What does anybody think about a double tube front bumper?
I have some 4" schedule 40 stainless tube that would work for the bumper. My neighbor has a conduit bender The centers I could bend & the outside corners I could miter and weld. I could also add a 2" receiver. I think a tube bumper would allow plenty of air flow. I could also use the bumper as aportable air tank like we did back in our 4 wheelin days.

Another thing to remember is that a vast majority of the GMT400 trucks are gasser,s 350's and 454's take up the majority the diesels sold single digit market share while the gassers sold millions.

I know the nostrils are very important for the diesels cooling, but they work for the 454 trucks that run hot, I know you 6.5 boys hate to see a gasser runnin your bumper but some of us need it.

Hope I didn't upset anyone here Bill makes awsome bumpers I mess with him alot but now that he has a product out for my work truck I may be hitting him up. Bill the 454 can be on a trailer headed your way for a test truck if you can't seem to find one of million billion of those trucks runnin around AZ. I am interested in a price for sure.

My bumper holes have lights in them. No air gets threw whatsoever. I pull a 3 horse slant load with living quarters goose neck with 3 big drafts and never over heat. I dont worry about them holes at all.

Well I am taking notes and big block, i'll keep that in mind... and yes there are a million here, but not many are worth doing any work on.... that is the problem

Well I am taking notes and big block, i'll keep that in mind... and yes there are a million here, but not many are worth doing any work on.... that is the problem

I'll give you a truck for a prototype if you give me a loaner :D I've hit 3 deer this year and am sick of paying insurance deductables...... :mad2: i'd be interested in a bumper.

Well if you weren't a Deer freak, maybe you would not attract them :eek:,, oh my bad you spell it as DEERE FREAK as in John Deere possibly, :D I came close to putting mine to test Tuesday nite, I was able to gun it & swerve away from the 3 that jumped into the highway, As beefy as my bumper is I prefer to not have to test it.

Bill the grills on these are all plastic, rad and AC cores are vunerable, as are the oil and trans coolers, pop a oil cooler line you can lose the engine even though rest of the truck is protedted.

If I were designing one IMO it needs something on top of the bumper to protect that stuff, on mine I wish it had one more crossbar, vs the one or mesh that would keep critters out of the gap between the bar and the bumper protecting the grill and what is behind it., and some protection just below the beam projection of the headlights, kinda hard to engineer that and meet DOT reqs though and maybe why the Buckstop does not have anything in that area.

I'll give you a truck for a prototype if you give me a loaner :D I've hit 3 deer this year and am sick of paying insurance deductables...... :mad2: i'd be interested in a bumper.

A rifle works better for most people! But, not you! :D

Sounds like you need a Tank!

X2 On the BuckStop Bumper!!! It's what I run Very High quality no cutting or mods, bolts right on.

Attachments

• DSCN1518 (2448 x 1836).jpg
    DSCN1518 (2448 x 1836).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 55
Bill, I think Tim makes a good point about the PMD relocation...IMO an ideal bumper would have a spot with good airflow where a PMD w/ heatsink or Heaths relocation kit could be easily mounted. Just another thought.

X2 On the BuckStop Bumper!!! It's what I run Very High quality no cutting or mods, bolts right on.

honestly ...I think it's the Burb(which is cool btw) that is making that bumper look good...If it didn't have that look(camo and black scheme)...that bumper would not look so good...JMHO

DuneRunner, post some pix of your truck in here please, the bumper picture you showed us does no justice for what your bumpers look like. Your truck looks badass.

Don't encourage him I just bought a 22" monitor recently, last time he posted it was edge to edge bumper view :D I though truck was coming through my monitor, post if you wanna Bill just size it down a touch.

Don't encourage him I just bought a 22" monitor recently, last time he posted it was edge to edge bumper view :D I though truck was coming through my monitor, post if you wanna Bill just size it down a touch.

Well if that little lady in his Avatar is in the picture, A 52" monitor would be better.:thumbsup: Leo

Well if you weren't a Deer freak, maybe you would not attract them :eek:,, oh my bad you spell it as DEERE FREAK as in John Deere possibly, :D I came close to putting mine to test Tuesday nite, I was able to gun it & swerve away from the 3 that jumped into the highway

well Deere Freek anyway...

A rifle works better for most people! But, not you! :D

Sounds like you need a Tank!

I can wish.
last night bumped my tally up to 4. :mad: No damage to the truck this time thankfully..

Back