• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New 6.2 660 GM short block build with DS4 injection pump

Some additional pictures.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 6
Tommorow i'm headed off to the parts store to pick up some exhaust manifold bolts for the driver side.That'll take care of that and then i'll bolt on the reman GM-8 turbo.First though i need to add a new optical sensor connector into the wiring harness.The old connector has its locking tab broken off.I should have this engine all buttoned up in the next day or so.Then its on to the 4L80E......

Lookin' good. Love that green! :D:thumbsup:

Thank you:)Here is another picture showing the front section of the injection pump.You'll notice the elongated slot where the top stud is.To eliminate a stepper motor code from occurring ensure the top stud is centered within that slot.This will also put your timing in the ballpark as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 6
Here are some pictures of the bolt/washer alternative to eliminate the plastic retainers.I couldn't find washers the same thickness as the plastic retainer so I used three grade 8 washers to match the retainer.Let me know what you guys think.

Dieselolds, may I ask you size of bolts and nuts you used ? I really like your idea :thumbsup:

Dieselolds, may I ask you size of bolts and nuts you used ? I really like your idea :thumbsup:

No problem matuva.They were grade 8 bolts zinc plated.The were 1/4"-20 and were 3/4" long.They are threaded all the way.The washers of course are also grade 8 and zinc plated.Then you've got the self locking hex nut.They are oblong and when you tighten them down they will not back off.Just remember not to buy the nuts with the nylon insert in them.That kind can cause the nylon material to melt under extreme heat so I would advise against using that kind.

I'm glad you like the idea.I can't see it causing any problem.

Okay.Today I replaced the optical sensor connector that had its locking tab broken off.This seems to be a common thing to see.The intake and turbocharger have been installed along with the EGR solenoid,etc.I just need to install the oil cooler lines and replace the vacuum lines leading to the vacuum pump and waste gate actuator.That'll pretty much cover it.Here are some additional pictures...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 9
Why dont you go with a vin F intake to eliminate the Junk going into the intake.

X2. This is what vin s intakes look like with miles on them. Not to mention the restriction to airflow.

Attachments

• IMG_20140215_141311_792.jpg
    IMG_20140215_141311_792.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20140215_141303_057.jpg
    IMG_20140215_141303_057.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 6
Here are some final pictures of the 660 project....In the next couple of days i'll be bolting up the 4L80E and then install engine and transmission into the chassis.Then i'll bolt up the transfer case followed by both driveshafts.More pictures are on the way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 11
Time for you to ship it to my location now. Just on time, I need a new engine... and I have a F intake available :D

I'd love to matuva...lol.What happened to your engine?I thought it was running a-okay.That was the engine you had painted yellow right?

I'd love to matuva...lol.What happened to your engine?I thought it was running a-okay.That was the engine you had painted yellow right?

Yes, is CAT Yellow and runs perfect after I fixed a worn lifter.

Just need bucks, and the guy gave me a very very interesting proposal... The Optimizer was just pulled out yesterday, now I have to rebuild an old 141 to replace. It willbe CAT yellow too ;)

Back