• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

need some price est. on mods

but its a light duty....I can understand on a Kodiak or F650 they are medium duty, but a light duty pickup? Im sorry, I just don't get it

A lot of trucks have them from the factory. So its to be cool like everybody else.

Technically theyre marker lamps so in a sense you could say they are also a safety feature. But what would I know about safety.

exactly. Its personal preferance.

Why do people put moon visors on??

Why do people put chrome on

why do people debadge

why do people install ventshades

its all personal preferance on how they want their truck to look. Out of all of the things I listed clearance lights serve the most purpose.

I like it when you unlock or lock the doors and the roof lights flash with the headlights. When we got them installed on my 01, me and a friend would do laps around town and every time we passed my parked truck we would unlock it and lock it just to see them flash.

mine do that too.

A local cop pointed it out to me the other day that my lights in the lunar visor flash when I have my left blinker on but not my right.

I guess the guy before me wired it wrong and to think ive been driving arun like a flaming idiot for over a year.

I want clearance lights, cause when you have the parking lights on, they look bad arse.

hell ya bro

I like it when you unlock or lock the doors and the roof lights flash with the headlights. When we got them installed on my 01, me and a friend would do laps around town and every time we passed my parked truck we would unlock it and lock it just to see them flash.

hahaha

mine do that too.

A local cop pointed it out to me the other day that my lights in the lunar visor flash when I have my left blinker on but not my right.

I guess the guy before me wired it wrong and to think ive been driving arun like a flaming idiot for over a year.

we all have our moments dont worry

ya i think ill leave that to my mechanic. the thought of putting on the tow mirrors kinda scares me too. id probably do it if it wasn't my own truck ;)

I think I would leave the cab lights to a professional because of drilling and what not.. But as for the mirrors its a definate do-it-yourself job.. Like Durallymax said it shouldn't take but like 10 minutes a side and a 10mm socket if I remember correctly.. Trust me I worked in a body shop for 2 years when was in high school, there is nothing to replacing GM mirrors. If you lived in middle TN I would be glad to help you but I'm confident you can handle it..

alright thanks but i live in houston lol. right now im lookin at dropping that much money into a set of deafeningly loud train horns so the mirrors might have to wait.

is there such thing as power folding tow mirrors with turn signals in them or are they manual fold?

I think I would leave the cab lights to a professional because of drilling and what not.. But as for the mirrors its a definate do-it-yourself job.. Like Durallymax said it shouldn't take but like 10 minutes a side and a 10mm socket if I remember correctly.. Trust me I worked in a body shop for 2 years when was in high school, there is nothing to replacing GM mirrors. If you lived in middle TN I would be glad to help you but I'm confident you can handle it..

Just noticed your from TN.

Welcome! :cool:

Welcome fellow Tennessean.:beer:

is there such thing as power folding tow mirrors with turn signals in them or are they manual fold?

The only power folding mirrors are the small ones. unfortunately there aren't any that are tow mirrors.

Back