• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

need some price est. on mods

jackh

Reaction score
anybody know how much it costs to:

change out my power folding mirrors for tow mirrors with turn signals?

add clearance lights to the roof?

and can i get these things done anywhere besided the dealership?

thanks for the help

I do.

The Big mirrors are $437 shipped from partszoneonline.com. ive bought 7 sets from there and no problems.

The Clearence lights are anywhere from $60 at cabelas or nice LED ones from recon are $100.

Id do the mirrors myself if I were you. I have a tuturial on here with pics that you can use. You can also PM me for my cell # and Ill talk you through it. It only takes a rookie about a half hour and an experienced person 6 minutes per side. Well thats the quickest Ive done them so far.

The cleareance lights are easy as well, you just have to make sure you measure 20 times and drill once. Most truck acessory shops will do them cheap.

great man thanks for the help. ill keep you in mind if i end up doin it myself. would you suggest LED from recon or stock looking ones? either way i want amber, not smoked or clear

I have a set of the 07.5 body style lights I haven't put on yet. I'm having a problem finding someone to do it. Personally, I don't think i'm up to the task..

The Big Mirrors are on my list also..

also, i'm pretty sure you can get templates for cablights. That would make it sooo much easier. That's what I'm gonna do when I put lights on my dodge

I already have templates pre-made. Just drilling the holes and dropping the headliner for the wiring is going to make it tuff..

ya i think ill leave that to my mechanic. the thought of putting on the tow mirrors kinda scares me too. id probably do it if it wasn't my own truck ;)

durallymax do you have the part # for the mirrors? i found some on patszoneonline.com but idk if theyre the right ones.

also does gm make power extending tow mirrors? i can online fine manual extending ones. do the manual ones have turn signals?

thanks

I dont have the part numbers off hand but ill quick get them.

They have always been on the homepage. They should have pics.

All of the big two bar ford style mirrors are manual extend. I would suggest to stay away from the power extend mirrors because you cant see anything out of them and they vibrate like crazy. The big tow mirrors have signals and heat.

5 out of the 7 mirror swaps ive done, guys hated the power extend mirrors and wanted the big tow mirrors instead.The other two were my truck and my dads 02.

Did you look through my write up on the mirror install?? It really is quite simple. Not much you can screw up on.

As for the cab lights ive done 3 sets of them now. There is a good write up on that other site. If you measure good its easy. Dropping the headliner is probably the toughest part of the install but still isnt too bad. I personally would go with the recond LED lights or NBS lights if you want to spend the extra money.

I dont have the part numbers off hand but ill quick get them.

They have always been on the homepage. They should have pics.

All of the big two bar ford style mirrors are manual extend. I would suggest to stay away from the power extend mirrors because you cant see anything out of them and they vibrate like crazy. The big tow mirrors have signals and heat.

5 out of the 7 mirror swaps ive done, guys hated the power extend mirrors and wanted the big tow mirrors instead.The other two were my truck and my dads 02.

Did you look through my write up on the mirror install?? It really is quite simple. Not much you can screw up on.

As for the cab lights ive done 3 sets of them now. There is a good write up on that other site. If you measure good its easy. Dropping the headliner is probably the toughest part of the install but still isnt too bad. I personally would go with the recond LED lights or NBS lights if you want to spend the extra money.

oo do the big tow mirrors not come in power extending? sry i thought they did. i guess its only the regular lookin mirrors that have the accordian lookin plastic btwn them and the truck (dont know the exact name lol)

i found your writeup on the mirror but did not read it, i just bookmarked it in my favorites for later ;)

i talked to someone thats gone through 4 sets of recons and they all leaked. he said condensation would build up inside the lights and theyd sometimes short out etc. if i got led clearence lights they wouldn't go with all the stock lights on the rest of the truck anyways. plus i could save $40 by gettin the regular ones

i did not see a writeup on installing those lights though.

thanks for the part number :cool:

A lot of clearnace lights leak. So I guess I would just do with cheapies. he write up isnt on this site.

I paid 100 bucks to have the cab lights installed and wired on my 01. To me that was worth it cause I would have more the likely screwed it up.

Back