• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

need HELP giant shower curtain?

eng158

Deputy
Reaction score
Recently at my firehouse we lost the privilege to wash our cars inside one of the bays. this was the last thing we, the membership, had, and i am determined to not loose it.

Here is my question, is there anything out there that will allow us to isolate the bay we use to wash our POV's. the enclosure must be able to move so trucks can get out but prevent water form getting all over the place. And yes we all clean up after ourselves but stray water occasionally gets on another truck we have and they dont want us to get water on our new mini attack expected later this year.

In essence i am looking for a giant shower curtain to protect at least 2 sides of the bay. The ceilings are about 25 feet high and the curtain must reach very close to the ground. we need a curtain or device that is about 20 feet long by 15 feet wide and come down about 20 to 25 feet.

I tried searching online but did not know how to phrase it. If anyone has any ideas of how to rig something up or know of any products like this please let me know. I am getting desperate here!

If i am unclear in what i am looking for i will sleep on it and think of a better analogy or description. thanks guys.

SO I wanna know, since when does water on a fire apparatus cause a "problem" and who came up with the new rule?

well the water at our fire house is crappy and leaves a lot of spots, so that is the problem. as far as the ideas thanks so much for the great ideas and keep more coming.

Just throw a tarp on the closest engine.

Or wipe it down.

Heck, we don't even dry the trucks after we wash them...

Schools use a large curtain thing that divides the gym in half. Do not know what it is called or where to find one.

It would be kinda costly but wouldnt look so "red neck" as a tarp.

I think they make those clear plastic dividers welders use that are pretty big.

thanks for all the help guys. it seems like a lost cause at this time but i will continue to look into the things you all talked about. thanks again

How about those corrugated plastic roof panels you get at lowes/home depot 12' long x 36" wide, cut in half you get (2) 6'x3' see thru walls screw to some 2x4 frames on wheels & move out of the way when done

all great ideas guys but when they said they wanted possible solutions they did not mean it. i have showed these ideas and have been turned down a bunch of times.

thanks for all the help guys, you guys are the best.

well since they don't want to spend any money, how about parking the truck outside while car is being washed & rinsed, ergo no overspray on the truck to contend with, and that will shorten response time as truck is already out the firehouse

turbine that is what we used to do but they thought that was hurting the truck. my response was starting it up and mashing it doest hurt it? the trucks never get warm because the rigs are started beat on and then returned, thus killing all of the engines.

they never wanted ideas to help the problem. they just wanted this privilege gone. there are just 2 people that like to ruin things for the rest of the members so that their jobs are easier.

taken them outside to wash is hard on them, that's rich. to bad you can't them outside to be washed. Gee a 2 minute drive to get washed or a 2 minute move it or lose it, and they think the washing is hard on them. are you sure your talking to the right end?:ciappa:

Back