• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need a litte input on lift pump and glow plugs

Trucker2k16

Reaction score
Hey fellas so i had a issue with the fass lift pump not coming on with the key on so i tested to make sure i had power at factory lift pump plug which i did so i checked at fass harness at relay i had power there as well ok so bad relay so i thought.. I cone home today 11/17/22 plug in relay turn key on pump comes on ok wth so i drive it a hour round trip come home shut truck off turn key back on after 30 secs pump came on for a split second and heard the clock for glow plugs but no light is it normal once up to temp for the glow plugs to not cycle and lift pump to not run long if at all i cant remember it doing that in the pass 4 years but i dont drive it every day anymore so i forgot alot of things about it thanks and a new relay fixed my other issue

need to know the year of your truck to give an answer to how it works. the 94-95 won't run the LP until it sees oil pressure. The 96+ will run for a few seconds at initial key on. The glow plug light should at least come on briefly when hot
1997 i just cant remember for the life of me if that is normal when the engine is dully up to temp

need to know the year of your truck to give an answer to how it works. the 94-95 won't run the LP until it sees oil pressure. The 96+ will run for a few seconds at initial key on. The glow plug light should at least come on briefly when hot
Depends on how it's wired also. I had mine wired to run when the glow plugs were on.

Here is the bottom line.
Does it have pressure when the truck runs? If yes, the prime before start duration really does not matter.

The problem is in 94-95 trucks when the LP is run by OPS when engine is running.
In this case, the Relay mod will be very important because there is really not priming without relay mod.

Back