• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Name is, Ed, trying to figure the system, I have a restored 1983 CJ7 WITH A EARLY 6.2 IN IT.

Re: oil pans. I see that there ar several shapes available. will thebig volume one fit an early 6.

• WHAT IS A "Pole choice" ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ditto

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Welcome to the site.

I believe there is a break between 2 piece rear seal and 1 piece. Not sure about different sizes. Never really heard that question.

FYI I have a one piece rear seal and it takes 8 quarts at oil change (I have a remote dual head oil filter setup from perma cool).

welcome. the rear seal changed between the 660 block(older design) of the 599 block(new design, shares with the 6.5) the older block has the 2 piece seal. there are a few differences over the years. do you know what year the engine is?

post questions in the 6.2 sections, it's under the 6.2/6.5 section on the main page. lots of people with all sorts of experience. the only dumb questions are ones you don't ask.

Are there different size oil pans?

Early 6.2?
6.5 I think are all about 6.5-7 quarts for the oil pan. I thought most people added 7-8 quarts at oil change with filter.

What does the P400 hold?

Welcome to The Truck Stop! Nice looking Jeep!
The guys in the 6.2/6.5 forum ought to be able to get you squared away

Back