• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My truck is dead . . . need some help here

Well, I fixed it, not gonna believe this one.

The small ground wire that was on goes to the PMD was cut and corroded. As the truck warned up, the wire would get hot and loose connection.

So, it was mentioned before, CHECK ALL GROUNDS.

LOL... good job, Chicago! That friggin ground wire has been the cause of lots of little problems, but it's just SO easy to forget.

Pat on the back for Pillow.

Yep, he is the man on this one. Although, the connection was good, it was the wire that was shot. I had made the wire too taught trying to ground on the manifold. The wire then was rubbing across a rough spot on the manifold, became bare and must have gotten full of road salt and water. Corroded real bad inside.

It is all good though!

And I will say this, wit the stock ECM back on the truck, it is no fun anymore:nonod:

I am gonna have to put my Wester's back in, get some umph! :thumbsup:

Good idea to yank the intakes to remove the EGR anyway, which could also cause some problems. Either fix this one up or find the 6.5 that youre willing to invest some time and money into.

Back