• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

To meet code, which I don't have to it'd 42". I'm actually doing a monoslab so when you do that you don't have to do 42", not sure I understand the logic there at least for code. The excavating I did there was to get rid of the overburden which holds alot of moisture and can frost heave. I'll be backfilling with clean material or NFS material.

To meet code, which I don't have to it'd 42". I'm actually doing a monoslab so when you do that you don't have to do 42", not sure I understand the logic there at least for code. The excavating I did there was to get rid of the overburden which holds alot of moisture and can frost heave. I'll be backfilling with clean material or NFS material.
Here it's to have the footing below the frost line, so that come winter and the moisture in the ground froze it wouldn't heave the footing up and crack the fountation, shift walls, etc.

In our area, the freezing depth is about 2m (7ft). The soil is sandy rocky. There is no clay. Therefore, small houses and garages are built on a shallow foundation (1 foot). or on piles driven to a depth of more than 3m (10ft) if it is a lowland with water-saturated soil. "Insulated Swedish slabs", with a built-in heated floor contour, are one of the most popular foundations.

swamp coolers do nothing here with the humidity as high as it gets here. some days the ac can't even put a dent in it. LOL I've had the ac running in my truck and see the condensate hose I clamped and ran out over the frame just pour water out like a open faucet, my wife had to ask me if I was leaking coolant as it pooled and ran out from under the truck!

swamp coolers do nothing here with the humidity as high as it gets here. some days the ac can't even put a dent in it. LOL I've had the ac running in my truck and see the condensate hose I clamped and ran out over the frame just pour water out like a open faucet, my wife had to ask me if I was leaking coolant as it pooled and ran out from under the truck!
Wasn't Beryl nice!

The coolers and in some places a/c -aren’t for people, its to keep equipment at an acceptable level. Cost of cooling to a certain point extends life of the equipment. As much as I hate komputers and automation stuff-i like that they get kept at 78-80° max and low humidity. That equals a/c!

Back