• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My ongoing interior swap

Nosferatu49534

Reaction score
This is my first write up, so I hope it's helpful if some one reads this.

When I bought my truck last summer (1997 silverado reg cab) the drivers seat cushion was in kinda rough shape. I would sink into the seat almost to the floor. I had 3 towls folded and 2 dining room chair cushions on it so I could be some what comfortable. I have a 1999 tahoe with full leather interior that's super comfy. Pulled the driver seat out of the tahoe last week in preparation. It unbolted quite easy. 4 15mm bolts and the power wire clip and out she came.

c82b9d63e2d289be4135b02c63e7b351.jpg

c63394b43c8abec7ea7f95b2eed4ba34.jpg

I got out of work early yesterday and decided to put the drivers seat in the truck. Unbolted the the truck seat, same thing 4 15,, bolts and power clip. Also had to unbolt the seat belt from the floor because it goes through the actual seat. That was an 18mm nut.

3d088b85e27b7ba66701ac8b351935d4.jpg

ae6181bd463c064d36bf042afed1f05d.jpg

Because I had the 60/40 split bench I ended up having to drill two new holes for the inside set. I don't know what size the drill bit was other than big enough to fit one of the seat bolts through. There wasn't a bit welded to the floor pan underneath so luckily I happened to have a couple body nuts with washers left over from another vehicle I had messed with. They threaded right on the bolts. I put a bigger washer on before the nut and cranked them down. There was an indent in the floor pan underneath where the welded nut is supposed to be. I don't have a picture of that as it was very wet and I didn't want my phone under there. I'll get a picture later.

Picture of the test fit so I could mark the holes to drill.

95bc9f0288d18ecfe866623f9cf8ab8b.jpg

With new holes.

95744b19d03075e16b1d053d7a555832.jpg

The center console is just chilling in there currently. I have to drill holes for that so I'll wait till it's dry under there.

72ab4ae58304e58a0483f02409b79eeb.jpg

I'm not sure why but I got pretty lucky when I plugged the electrical connector in, and all the functions of the power worked. I was thinking I would have to wire it myself.

1841d52d7535ff560a110e0fd7f2dd0f.jpg

I think total it took me about 2 hrs or so to get it all out and in. And now I have super comfy seats. I do have to try and either stitch the hole up in the leather of see about replacing the cover.

585c0155512760f681da7fe515c84de9.jpg

I got the drivers door panel changed today. Only difference really is the window switch has 4 buttons. I hoping I might be able to use them for some sort of switch for something else.

2fdcdf10ccd74c199e75674c8e51f482.jpg

Also added a little flair.

d6166a50dc6b4c188715654ea612c2b6.jpg

I haven't been able to lock the drivers door since I bought the truck because the piece of plastic that the rod for the lock went to broke off. Also figured out the locking mechanism in the latch had rusted and I'm assuming that when the power lock button was pushed it cracked the plastic piece. So I stole some more parts from the Tahoe. Now it will be all secure finally.

Reactions: NVW
007 truck?- fuel pump into exhaust for smoke screen.
Tire spikes dump solenoid.

For real an engine pre-oiler? Good for engine life.
Lift pump prime for after filter change.

Haha tire spikes. [emoji38] that's hilarious. That could be so fun.

Oiler seems cool. I'm gonna check into that. :) I'm running the frc10 with leroys harness so got that covered. :)

Diesel injector into exhaust is not a bad idea! It would satisfy all these young kids that want to roll coal and waist even more fuel in the process.
You would not believe how many times I get asked for a tune that will roll coal. They don't care if it performs well as long as they can smoke out an intersection.

Can fix the existing cover if you want as I know that is generally possible. Given the age, might consider spending the $$ and refresh the whole lower seat by starting with the foam. TheSeatShop<dot> carries new foam but finding the foam is a bit of a challenge using their vehicle selector tool. Not going to provide a URL to the foam seeing as Rock Auto (a supporting vendor) carries seat cover supplies (but am not seeing where RA has the foam though).

Diesel injector into exhaust is not a bad idea! It would satisfy all these young kids that want to roll coal and waist even more fuel in the process.
You would not believe how many times I get asked for a tune that will roll coal. They don't care if it performs well as long as they can smoke out an intersection.
I'll admit before I started driving my truck I thought it was the coolest to see the big cloud of black smoke, but reading here I learned its just not worth it. There are lots of ways to annoy people without wasting all the fuel/ money.

Air horns!?!

My truck pisses off the hybrid crowd just sitting in a parking lot.

Leroy, just sell them a wmi kit and tell them fill it with gasoline. It'll smoke for a minute, then they'll learn quicker with an exposed rod or two.

Thanks for the air horns thought. That reminded me my father in law has a couple sets for me. With a couple air tanks as well. I just need to get compressor. Gonna have to stop and get those this week. :D

Maybe put the MWI misters in the exhaust and pump diesel though them? = lotsa smoke!

Back