• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new truck

I took my pin out and had a shop add some length to it. Been fine ever since.
It makes one wonder why that issue wasn't addressed sooner by GM, unless it is one of those things that just don't show up under normal factory test cycling because they don't put 200K+ miles on each of them. Although there were the 4L80E upgrades - including the reverse band size/anchoring - that occured with the 96+ units.

Yeah- always nice when you have a little warning time to do some research for latest and greatest/ good prices. Then plan it out when convenient rather than- “darn it have to skip movie night to fix the rig”.

Be interesting to see how long it handles it. Trying to think- could going to tight with it there cause an overheating or something that wiles out a hard part?

20240202_135239.jpg
Here's the tool I made, the bolts on the side show which 2 sides I modified to clear the valve body to make it easier to install. The idea is to use a 7/16 fine thread nut and bolt which has about .050 per revolution. So you're shooting for 2.5 turns or about .150. The cover holds the piston flush on one side so you turn the bolt in until you make contact then see how far you turn it until you get resistance. More than 2.5 turns means you lengthen the rod, less you shorten it.

Back