• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new truck

Oh and reverse was gone all at once not a gradual wear
When my reverse went bye-bye all at once, it was because line pressure had caused the face of the Reverse Apply Servo Piston to catastrophically fail (it cracked and had a hole in it) thus not allowing pressure to build up and move the piston and thus no go backwards! That happened on the 94 and what necessitated a total rebuild with HD/upgraded parts.

At this point I'm open to suggestions. We do have a TC rebuilder here in the valley

I would think a multi disc converter, stronger internal parts. I don't know what all was done to the one I had built as far as internals, all I could do is send you the build list he provided me. He guaranteed it to handle 600+ HP.

I would think a multi disc converter, stronger internal parts. I don't know what all was done to the one I had built as far as internals, all I could do is send you the build list he provided me. He guaranteed it to handle 600+ HP.
Send me a copy/paste of that convertor rebuild sheet too, please.
mrmarty51at centurylink dot net.
Remove the spaces snd use the usual characters.
If I ever get this 70 GMC removed from the garage, then the 91 Oldsmobile, going to remove the engine, transfer case and transmission from the truck, whole buncha rebuilding be goimg on.

Labor
Complete overhaul with updated valve body and pump custom hub and valve body with raised pressures to hold 750 HP
PartQty
ET Global Master Kit with pistons, filter and bands
CK Performance Master shift Kit
Builders kit with Direct clutch and intermediate clutch updates
Capital Core Bushing Kit
IDK Washer Kit, 4L80E 91-Up
4L8-TWK
SONNAX Bearing Kit, 4L80E 1991-Up
SBK-G20
ROSTRA Speed Sensor, 4L80E Input & Output 91-Up (2 Required)
50-1007/24203876
Precision Torque Converter Heavy duty billet stator torque converter
1800-2000 stall Multi disc
Core Early 4L80E Core
PML Deep Pans Powder coated deep pan
ROSTRA Wire Harness, 4L80E Internal (11 Prong) W/CASE Connector 91-03
350-0032
AC DELCO ACDelco Professional 214-1878 Automatic Transmission Control Solenoid
GM GM Genuine Parts 24230288 Automatic Transmission 1-2 Shift Solenoid Valve
GM Automatic Transmission Manual Shift Shaft Position Switch
Ac Delco EPC Solenoid 93-2003
(400/4L80E) 1993-2003
SONNAX Clutch Hub Kit, 400/425/4L80 Forward (Extreme Duty)
34322-02K
TRANS GO Valve Kit, 4L80E TCC Regulator
4L80E-TCC
Transgo Actuator Feed Limit Valve kit over size

Authorized on 8/17/2023 at 06:07 PM
Job Total$5,430.58
Note:
Custom 4L80 Transmission built for 6.5 diesel 4X4 with 2 speed sensor's deep pan custom valve body and pump rollerized forward hub

Total Labor$1,211.39
Total Parts$4,219.19
Total Fees$66.00
Subtotal$5,496.58
Grand Total$5,496.58
Paid To Date$5,496.58
BALANCE DUE$0.00

@ak diesel driver @MrMarty51

So Denata got me thinking, I'm going to take my truck for a test drive in a bit. If reverse and 3rd are both out it's rebuild time. If when I'm in first and I let off the throttle and it coasts, no compression braking, then sonnax has a fix it kit to possibly make reverse work for awhile yet. Several you tube vids on a reverse fix

Nice, so you don't need to pull the tranny to do this? any way to adjust / tighten the bands while you do the install? I have read that on the dodge 46re and what not, these bands can be adjusted from outside the case which can sometimes give you a little more life out of them with worn clutches till it finally goes out.

No pulling trans necessary. Some drop the valve body for more room but it's doable without removing it. To be clear this kit isn't just a slap it in fix you have to adjust the rod length connected to the servo. Some weld it up, the kit has a press on button but it still has to be adjusted. If it wasn't for it being reverse it probably wouldn't be worth doing. I'll definitely be watching my reverse usage if it works. Just the night before I was tugging someone out of a driveway they got stuck in, I didn't have much choice but to use reverse. I noticed it seemed to stall but didn't really think about it being reverse slipping. It really was Denata's comments that got me thinking

I suppose for a future rebuild, if they make a upgrade kit to have a strong reverse gear, go for that too. not to mention having a wench in the front helps when needing to tug on something from the front.

Back