• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

MY NEW TO ME 95 4X4 SUBURBAN 6.5

Yeah just chain usually gets it.mmif you end up with the whole kit them just save the gears for future projects.

On the frame idk of any kits. But the best frame beefing guys I this half of the country are the hydraulic hopper dudes. They can box and wrap a frame better than any of the regular shops. Think some frame twisting is hard on a frame, try smashing it to the ground from5' in the air 50-100 times a day. Cali is next door where tons of those guys come from, might be harder to find out in your area.

Also glad to see you back in Chevy land from the yota clutches.;) Na, they are nice off-roaders just have to poke the bear.

Thanks..... actually i've always wanted to do a H1 expo vehicle but they are a little out of my price range still. Any more pics of yours??

started tearing apart the front of the engine today... tomorrow this is going in

New HO water pump (60 more GPM than stock), harmonic balancer, crank pulley, crank seal, new gaskets for the front side of the engine, timing chain and gears, t-stat, HD fan clutch, Duramax fan upgrade, new Bosch injectors, new return lines and manifold gaskets, new Bosch duraterm glow plugs, new belt, new CDR, new OPS, new lift pump Upgraded lift pump harness.

11695936_10153119750412875_693608086776186448_n.jpg
Looks like fun!. Do I see a Chinese ext cable there?

Yeah, next week I hope to do a thread on building my truck. The wife put some my pics in a cloud and others
Elsewhere so I have to get drug more into technology again to do it.

Looks like fun!. Do I see a Chinese ext cable there?

Perhaps, it was the first thing I bought before I even had the truck. I knew the PMD was original and bought it to take up and move it when I picked it up. But then I didn't want to remove the intake to get to it so I got a used one and will be mounting it up soon.

I think it was a Dorman Brand

well I could not get one of the nuts of the injector pump to remove the front cover. A ton of crap in the way to get in there in the first place and then it wouldn't budge. So I checked the play in the existing timing chain and there doesn't appear to be much of any. So for now i'm not going to do the timing chain and put on the other new parts in the front of the engine.

I'm already behind schedule on this and didn't want to risk snapping something and with the original chain still seeming to be good i'll just call that good.

I may be getting another motor to rebuild anyway soon so i'll save the chain for that one.

Back