• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new ride

Thanks fellas!

I just got off the phone with guy that has the rims, pickin' them up on Thursday night. I figure I'll glass bead them and throw on a new coat of clear to clean them up. The steel rims that are on it now will become the winter rims then.

I forgot to mention before that I pulled the '95 engine apart. #6 rod cap fell off and the crank smashed the rod against the block. It broke a piece about 3/16" out of the bottom of the cylinder. So small I don't think it will matter. I'm gonna pull a rod and the crank out of another block we have and use that engine as a quick spare.

Nice Ter. glad you were able to find yourself a 4x4. You'll probably have that thing fixed up and painted before I get my truck back. It was "supposed" to be ready yesterday but wasn't. Now the mechanic is "supposed" to bring it to my place on Tuesday but I will believe it when I see it. I must be too nice or something. I can't find a mechanic that will actually work on my truck when they say they are going to work on it....sigh.

Have fun with your new ride.

Dave

Dave, did you get'er back yet?

Deal went south on the rims. I farted around in the city today waitin' for the dude to get home from work. When I called him, apparently he measured wrong and they are 15" not 16". Another dude came to look at them he said, and he noticed they were 15's,....sure!
Yeah sure, why lie, just tell me you sold them!!!!:mad:

Back