• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new ride

teroma25

Recruit
Reaction score
Hey fellas!

Thought I'd show a pic of the new ride. 1995 K1500 ext. cab 4X4 loaded. Picked it up pretty cheap, PO hydrolocked it and broke a rod. Gonna pull the engine tomorrow night after work then Sat mornin' pull the engine outta my '94 and throw it into the '95. Then next weekend she'll get a new coat of paint.

Attachments

• newtruck.jpg
    newtruck.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 67
gasser front bumper? no wait now i see the holes. they are "hidden" in the photo a bit.

if its just a busted rod and no other damage i'd pull the motor, rebuild it, and then put it in the 94. then you'll have two 6.5s. theres nuttin wrong with that. :D

Nice truck.

Gotta lose the rust (all of my 88-98 trucks rust on the fender wells).

Also gotta tint the back windows.

There is always that night sense of accomplishment 'going through' a new vehicle... Give it a good buff/wax, clean her up, and get to know her :)

Nice truck.

Gotta lose the rust (all of my 88-98 trucks rust on the fender wells).

Also gotta tint the back windows.

It'll get a full body job next week if I have the time. All the windows get tint, usually the first "mod" I do.

I didn't get started at it until this afternoon so now I'm way behind schedule for the engine swap. Got the engine in the '95 out, gonna go back after supper and rip the '94 out. If my wife will allow me to work on it tomorrow, I'll put the '94 engine in the '95 tomorrow and be done, hopefully!

Engine was locked up solid but I haven't tore into yet to see what exactly came apart.

Yes isn't that funny how the women just want the day to themselves for mother's day, but for father's day they figure it's father's day, you should spend it with the kids. So mother's and father's day is pretty much exactly the same. I thoroughly enjoy spending time with my kids, I just think it's funny that women think that way.

Yes isn't that funny how the women just want the day to themselves for mother's day, but for father's day they figure it's father's day, you should spend it with the kids. So mother's and father's day is pretty much exactly the same. I thoroughly enjoy spending time with my kids, I just think it's funny that women think that way.

This is true!

I started back on the truck at 5:30 AM and my cell rang at 4:00 PM wantin' to know when I was comin' home. Apparently the young lad was drivin'er nuts all day and I forgot we are all goin' out to dinner tonight! Good thing she called or I'd still be there. Missin' dinner wouldn't be such a good idea :mad:

Nice Ter. glad you were able to find yourself a 4x4. You'll probably have that thing fixed up and painted before I get my truck back. It was "supposed" to be ready yesterday but wasn't. Now the mechanic is "supposed" to bring it to my place on Tuesday but I will believe it when I see it. I must be too nice or something. I can't find a mechanic that will actually work on my truck when they say they are going to work on it....sigh.

Have fun with your new ride.

Dave

It'll get a full body job next week if I have the time. All the windows get tint, usually the first "mod" I do.

I didn't get started at it until this afternoon so now I'm way behind schedule for the engine swap. Got the engine in the '95 out, gonna go back after supper and rip the '94 out. If my wife will allow me to work on it tomorrow, I'll put the '94 engine in the '95 tomorrow and be done, hopefully!

Engine was locked up solid but I haven't tore into yet to see what exactly came apart.

Looks like you gotta lot of work ahead of you. Too bad I don't live closer, I've done alot of paint and bodywork in my day and would love to help ya!

Don't forget your family while your rebuilding you project tryck man!!

Massive Blowby club lives on........Now that says something!
Good Luck Brother

Louis

Well of course, I didn't want to see you all alone in the club!

Looks like you gotta lot of work ahead of you. Too bad I don't live closer, I've done alot of paint and bodywork in my day and would love to help ya!

Don't forget your family while your rebuilding you project tryck man!!

My father owned his own body shop for 30 years, most of them I spent right beside him, so we'll be alright with that. Still tho, if you did live closer you could help him and I could do other things. :D

As for family, I just found out it's gonna be bigger! Wifey is 8 weeks preggers..wooohooo That'll be 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats...guess I'll be movin' to a bigger house now! :D

As for family, I just found out it's gonna be bigger! Wifey is 8 weeks preggers..wooohooo That'll be 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats...guess I'll be movin' to a bigger house now! :D

Congrats, Terry! You ARE a handy guy with your tools... :biggrinjester:

Here are a few more pics, gettin' ready for paint, gettin' paint and all done. Startin' the body job yesterday at 7 am and finished at 7 pm. All in all it went pretty well. It was just a quick cleanup till this winter when we have more time to do it all over again. I wanna replace the front fenders and few other small areas.

I have a line on a set of Aluminum wheels, hopefully I can get them. Some night this week I'll tint the windows then I'm done. Well after the decals and stripe I'll be done.

Spent last weekend on engine and this weekend on body, wife says I'm not allowed in the shop this comin' long weekend! :biggrin5:

Attachments

• Gettingready.JPG
    Gettingready.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 13
  • duringpaint.JPG
    duringpaint.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 11
  • almostdone.JPG
    almostdone.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 16
Back