• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new Beast/DD: 2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT

No form of key on the LS motors. I've always thought that was stupid...

That's what I'm worried about too, Ferm...

x2. is it a keyed crank? if yes then you have a problem because the key must be gone or sheared off....ect
Pull it and see what you got.

Edit: Crap did not see this went to a second page Thought I was post #41

Apparently it's less common than I thought. I'm going to throw a new bolt on for now and keep an eye on it. Probably do a 10% underdrive balancer with a re-usable bolt over thanksgiving break...

One fix that can be used to keep the pulley from spinning on the crank if it's not keyed is some green Loctite (RC609 or equiv) like they give you with a speedy sleeve kit. It will not slip after that. However, you'll need heat to break it loose before removing it again that'll wreck the front seal.

Got the car back a week ago today (Tuesday). They ended up pulling the motor, replacing the crank and bearings and the other seals, etc along with the balancer, oil change, fresh coolant, etc. Been running good so far. The OEM balancers had a bit of a wiggle to them while running, it was a bad casting. This one is dead flat running. I hope I never have to deal with this again. Other than that, it's running awesome. I've got around 3500 miles on it (almost to 73k miles), and am averaging 20 MPG on regular. That beats the shit out of my SSEi which got 21 on Premium...

How did this happen in the first place, I wonder? -added, is this common on LS engines?

I hope this didn't all come out of your wallet... Warranty?

ALL paid for by GM, covered by the 5yr/100k Powertrain Warranty, including 4 days of a rental Tahoe from Enterprise. ;)

I honestly think the Torque-To-Yield bolt was improperly installed (AKA Not replaced, or not torqued to proper spec) and it came loose when the cam was replaced, along with god knows what else, at 63k. I've heard of them coming loose, but not after 9k, and not causing these issues.

Indeed. Got my snow tires installed today (245/40R19 Blizzak LM-60) and am going to order a set of weathertech floor mats soon for the front for winter duty. Everyone keeps telling me I'm going to hate it, I'm excited. Also crazy, but that's beside the point... ;)

Meh, you'll be fine. Good move on the snow treads. That's a survival tactic for Camaros too. Plus a full tank and an 80 pound bag of salt in the rear.:thumbsup: My 4L60E has an SGS switch on the dash also. Second gear start.

Yeah, I can manually start it out in second using the manual gate on the shifter. I had snows on my Bonne, they were awesome. I'm excited to have them on this. ;)

Just sealed the deal on a set of OEM Camaro Polished 20x9's and 20x10's, which are pretty darn rare. I'm excited for next spring.

Im going to a swap meet tomorrow to look for wheels among other things.

Got any pics of yours?

Im looking for a set with this type of style.
ctsv wheels.jpg

The wheels I'm getting:
10619421655_53985acedf_z.jpg

Wheels I'm running now as winters:
9846040896_1c30e96281_z.jpg

The wheels you're looking for definitely have a European look. Might want to look into some HSV wheels, or similar...

Those be nice. How much & where? I bet you can find some PMD centers that would work.

$700 for all 4, from a guy on Bonneville Club in Michigan. He's going to drop them off at a friend's in IL, and I'm going to pick them up over my winter break.

Back