• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new Beast/DD: 2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT

So did you buy 20's hoping they fit or have you done some research? Offset right? Also 19 to 20 inch isn't much on paper but once bolted on.....?

It's done a lot. The Camaro uses the G8's suspension and chassis, etc, and the backspacing and offset all line up. I'll need to run a smaller aspect ratio, obviously. I'm thinking 255/35 up front and 275/30 rear.

Well, update. Now at just under 81k miles, and I'm still in love with it. Been averaging 18.4 with winter blend and the insane cold we've had, I don't think that's too bad.

I did change my mind on the Camaro wheels, I decided I'm going to keep the stock 19's for now. I'd be adding weight and losing tire. Bad deal all the way around, LOL. So now I have a $700 set of wheels to sell. I also need to get a new DS seat trim panel, and a new seat cushion. Plans for the spring are a good cleaning, and once I get a real job, and figure out my living situation, etc, probably start modding.

Michelin A/S's go back on Saturday. I discovered that my rear snow tires are awfully bald. Wonder how that happened....

Other than that, no news is good news. Car's still running great. I do need to deal with the exhaust though. And a cam, and headers, and suspension...

Update: Just over 96k and knocking down the miles like a superstar. Just procured a set of headers, so now the fun begins! ;)

Back