• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My hd

wow i just downloaded efi live software from the site there is alot to change. Now can i disable my egr completely and all that kinda stuff.

Is it true I can tune my truck and my bros truck or even our tahoe with one tuner?

Can it add boost as well

them numbers are similar to mine also. i just checked out duramaxtuner.com pretty in depth these are. holy moly.
If you don't feel confident loading them yourself...you could get an ECM tuned and sent to you by a programmer with a 5 position switchable tune(just tell him what you want) and be done with it...you would only need to send your core back to them...only thing you would lack would be the EFI scan tool for diagnostics...

wow i just downloaded efi live software from the site there is alot to change. Now can i disable my egr completely and all that kinda stuff.

Is it true I can tune my truck and my bros truck or even our tahoe with one tuner?

Yes...If you do purchase the EFI Live Flash scan tuner you will be able to tune two VIN #'s without purchasing more Vin licenses...

as far as tuning the Tahoe...I would just contact nowait4me performance (JesseBub) and buy a preprogrammed ECM shipped to your door for $150(no core return) just tell him what you have and what you want out of it... thats the route I took for my wifes 04' Tahoe Z71...

The biggest thing too is to be able to disable the torque management. I hear tuning can make Tahoes rather snotty...

why disable the TM? I am assuming you are talking about the Tahoe and what beny's would i get out of tuning the tahoe, I am only looking at mpg with that.

Thinking about getting EFI live but want to get the tranny done first, its way too tempting to load a high hp tune in and let it rip.

why disable the TM? I am assuming you are talking about the Tahoe and what beny's would i get out of tuning the tahoe, I am only looking at mpg with that.

Because the ECM in GM vehicles electronically limits how much torque actually makes it to the ground. Basically, it retards the motor under certain conditions. Disabling the TM can really wake up these things.

ahhh i read that before now that i think about it. This efi thing is pretty awesome for the things that can be done. I needa few side jobs i guess so i can get one quick.

If you don't feel confident loading them yourself...you could get an ECM tuned and sent to you by a programmer with a 5 position switchable tune(just tell him what you want) and be done with it...you would only need to send your core back to them...only thing you would lack would be the EFI scan tool for diagnostics...

How much does it run to do this?

How much does it run to do this?
Loading the tunes are no big deal. There are vendors like Nick (Known as Nick, duramaxtuner, and vortecfcar on other sites- www.duramaxtuner.com ) who will give you a starter tune or two with your purchase. If you go to Nick's site, it it very informative and has some good tutorials. I purchased mine from him and he built me a dsp5 tune. You can also subscribe to his tune library and have unlimited access to all his tunes for a year or two.
I know people have also been happy with Tony ( ridgerunnerdiesel) and I believe he also includes a free tune, but can't say for sure.
A deal like this will give you a tune from a trusted source that you can load and you can compare it with your stock one and see what they changed, to give you an idea of what to do. Then you can start making little changes to yours.

Back