• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My first deisel. In need of '83 6.2 l knowlege.

No service engine lamp. All individual idiot lights, water in fuel, glow plugs,coolant, brakes,seatbelt. Gauges for oil pressure, voltage, fuel, and temperature.

I agree with War Wagon, thats why it’s important to remove at the manifold, not just undo a muffler or anywhere else.

If it is stuck you can clean it up and get it to work usually. If rusted shut, soak it in some evaporust, or do the electrolysis rust removal method.

I suppose trying to operate it by hand in place isn’t a horrible idea, just dont brake stuff trying to force it.

I agree with War Wagon, thats why it’s important to remove at the manifold, not just undo a muffler or anywhere else.

If it is stuck you can clean it up and get it to work usually. If rusted shut, soak it in some evaporust, or do the electrolysis rust removal method.

I suppose trying to operate it by hand in place isn’t a horrible idea, just dont brake stuff trying to force it.
I'll work on EPR just as soon as I can. Hopin' today.

Not a bad vide just a heads up someone is always watching.
I'll work on EPR just as soon as I can. Hopin' today.
Update: My cousin came over and we went through everythin' front to back...we are past the epr valve. Everythin' to this point seems to be workin',which leaves us at the mufflers. Driver's side is still fine(that's the side with the epr valve). Passenger side has abit more exhaust than it did(but not much), at this point,we're thinkin' it's gotta be a plugged muffler. Will let y'all know when I decide what system I'm goin' to put on'er. Probably time to replace it all. Avoid any more trouble.

Before you buy parts... Chop it out and be sure first. Again double wall pipes can collapse internally and "look fine" on the outside. So you really need to take the 3 bolts or nuts off the passenger side manifold to pipe and start there.

As your engine has EGR it's also possible the intake is plugged with carbon. Wouldn't be the first or last time something fell in the intake.

A video of this engine spinning over and starting would help.

Update: My cousin came over and we went through everythin' front to back...we are past the epr valve. Everythin' to this point seems to be workin',which leaves us at the mufflers. Driver's side is still fine(that's the side with the epr valve). Passenger side has abit more exhaust than it did(but not much), at this point,we're thinkin' it's gotta be a plugged muffler. Will let y'all know when I decide what system I'm goin' to put on'er. Probably time to replace it all. Avoid any more trouble.
[/QIMG_20191026_102322_1.jpgUOTE]
Before you buy parts... Chop it out and be sure first. Again double wall pipes can collapse internally and "look fine" on the outside. So you really need to take the 3 bolts or nuts off the passenger side manifold to pipe and start there.

As your engine has EGR it's also possible the intake is plugged with carbon. Wouldn't be the first or last time something fell in the intake.

A video of this engine spinning over and starting would help.
I will try to figure out the video thing. Not to bright with computer stuff. As far as intake goes,visual looks OK. Reckon I'll need to pull it or can I just soak it with W/D or somethin'? EGR valve is kinda cheap and easy,so I will go ahead and replace it,probably original anyway. And clean out the connecting hoses.

I will try to figure out the video thing. Not to bright with computer stuff. As far as intake goes,visual looks OK. Reckon I'll need to pull it or can I just soak it with W/D or somethin'? EGR valve is kinda cheap and easy,so I will go ahead and replace it,probably original anyway. And clean out the connecting hoses.
Sorry it's been a spell since I was on here. After all yet help and all the checkin', the problem turned out to be a plugged muffler.The EGR system was Abit dirty too(probably wasn't helpin' none). I wanna thank y'all for yet time and help. Hopin' I can reciprocate sometime. Thnx again, have a great one.

Sorry it's been a spell since I was on here. After all yet help and all the checkin', the problem turned out to be a plugged muffler.The EGR system was Abit dirty too(probably wasn't helpin' none). I wanna thank y'all for yet time and help. Hopin' I can reciprocate sometime. Thnx again, have a great one.

Glad it turned out well for you Cowboy 7.

Back