• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My CDR experiment

It's a tough one, plenty of Detroit Jimmy owners put whatever in there and will report good lifespan's. Grade aside if you are putting a low ash oil in as required then it won't come in a multigrade anyway's.

Multigrade polymers have come a long way from the first attempts which did not hold up, however for me heavy duty diesel wise you just cannot go wrong with a single weight.

On another note back to this thread nice adaptation of the CDR.

Cheers
Nobby

AK--I just read this thread and am very interested in trying this on my motor. The oil consumption has been getting gradually worse and it is starting to puff like a steam engine now. I would love to get a Ted's motor but that just is not an option for me at this time.

Would you be willing to tell what spring you used , and maybe other details? You can PM me if you prefer, or I can supply my e-mail address. If you are planning to try to profit from your experiment I will respect that.

I just need to do something to get some kind of control over this oil consumption before something catastrophic occurs.

Don

It wasn't anything special. Whatever the local stores had in stock. The biggest expense/challenge is adjusting it. Without that digital manometer it would be impossible. I'm still in the testing stages but if it works out I might consider selling them preadjusted. I doubt you have more blowby than me lol.

I got a 93 grand am with a quad 4 SOC engine.
It came factory with a kind of crankcase oil seperator.Square black plasic box located dr side top front engine.

mebby some of you should pick one of these things up at a wrecker,cut it open and see what it looks like inside,might give some idea's to try :agreed:
I'm not about to cut mine open(little to pricy).;)
No quad 4's at my wrecker left.:nonod:

You can find those on most older Honda engines (i know the D16 in my 97 Civic had one and most all of them i've seen before 01)

Ya think eh?.......Check my sig.

Not sure bout you either.
My wife got stopped the other day ,guy thought she'd blew a rad hose.:hihi:

Blowby is getting so bad its steaming from the road tube worse at idle than smoking from the exhaust under full load.:rof:
'm afraid It'll prob blow up before to long now,milage just topped 400 K.
It still don't use much oil with the CDR vented out side.

Feel free to consider yourself a member....:D:hihi::);):thumbsup::agreed:

Bison = Member#3 Massive Blowby Club:eek:

BTW, your new Avatar is throwing me off!.....I like the Buffalo!

Back