• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

my ATA cooler

kane

Reaction score
Just finished my installation. I moved radiator 2" back, replaced orig. fan with electric fan (16"). Cooler is 18"x12"x3" size. All tubes are 2.5".
IAT's drop + 45C, now it stays close to +40C (outside temp +25C).
It feels nicely more power in middle/high rpm. I have EM chip + all other good mods for engine's long life :smile5:
Cooler
more pics...

Fan is/will be controlled by engine temp, AC and trans temp ("trans temp control" not done yet)

Last edited:
Install looks good, well thought out and a way I havent seen yet.

If I were you though, I would remove the heavy grey intake cover. It does nothing but trap heat in the engine.

If I were you though, I would remove the heavy grey intake cover. It does nothing but trap heat in the engine.

I disagree... trucks without covers look dumb (especially 'S' series), and with the PMD relocated, there is no issue with heat being 'held in'.

He's right about the innovative IC install, though... :D

Nice work, Kane, as usual!!

Thanks!
Yes, there will be second 16" soon. I will set control as 1.fan trans.temp/AC and 2.fan engine temp.
Well, the cover will be there... I just like factory look so much... :thumbsup:
I did 1000 miles test trip up to Lapland, it worked perfect. Of course if there's hauling etc. I need the second fan, just for safety.

Heat trap...hmmm... good idea!!

Tdscan shows +80 to +90 Celsius on highway/ hilly road.
Sensor is 95/85C (+95 turns fan on, 85 it goes off). I tested it by driving 20 miles highway 3000rpm (3rd locked) and the temp stayed + 81C (outside +24C) all the way. So, with "normal" highway driving... no need for fan(s) but when you drive slowly in city, fan is needed and temp drops nice even with one 16" fan. But, to avoid any problems... I will have second fan. AC needs it + trans cooler needs it, that's clear.
Hot engine on idle will also raise temp slowly, one fan will cool it down with AC on (at least with weathers we have in Finland, +30C max)

Back