• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Muffler

the last ticket was from a state trooper at midnight on the 4th of July, the local cops really don't give a shit.

You would think that there would be more pressing issues for law enforcement to address at that time on that date.

I run with a state trooper and lets just say he likes easy tickets. Why not just stack air cleaners under the hood if you like noise, it will give you a little more power too. I always liked the glass packs worked on my old 6.2 blazer and they were small so I didn't bang them up on the rocks.

My issue with mufflers is this, if it sounds reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel great, will it get ya a ticket??

The stuff that makes a drone in the cab sux especially when that drone is at a speed where ya drive all the time.

My rig has a Banks system on it and there is no drone and the tone is puuurfffffect.

An N/A engine is totally different when it come to sound suppression too as a turbo really cuts the noise down in and of itself.

Flowmaster has a good reputation for quality at an affordable price.

Have fun

MGW

somehow, my computer decided to hickup and instead of watching your exhaust it told me you removed the video and I got suck listening to "Im on a boat" with T-Pain.

WHAT THE HELL

You got a ticket for no muffler, but want to get a loud one. Thats awesome. Is that going to be louder than a glasspak? Is the 6.2 N/A louder than a 6.5TD, because dont a lot of people go with no muffler?

I had a Super40 on my van but couldn't stand the brapping, then tried a Hooker Aerochamber, it brapped even worse, :sad: so finally put a Dmax on, quiet in and out, lol.

Back