• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

MPG Gains with chip

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What gains did you see after installing your chip?

none with the Edge on our 02.

but having more power while getting the same economy is nice.

Now using EFI Live on mine Ive gotten up to 25.3mpg hand figured over a 400 mile road trip all highway doing 72mph before my big tires.

With my smoke tune I can watch the fuel gauge go down.

i would love to get efi live but dont have the money for it at the moment how do you like it?

Love it.

Its only $750 for V2 and if theres some V1 left thats only $550. I got mine from trippin.

V2 is a lot nicer.

Oh and the cost of good gauges and a laptop.

The only problem is the learning curve. 8 Months later I finally am getting the hang of it. But In tholse 8 months I didnt have much time to play around.

In the end its well worth it but if you already have a PPE Id save the money for a turbo upgrade or more tranny upgrades.

i already started saving for an upgraded tranny but that is gona take me a while i could upgrade my ppe when i build up the tranny to the hot tunes

just do that for now, wait till you have some other mods before going to EFI Live. Duel fuelers should be on your list too.

Im getting around 17 this winter. That's with idle time and around 30% city driving. It should pick up a little this summer.

14-16 idle and city driving, oh and puffing some smoke now again. I think I gained 1-2 mpg, but don't know for sure as I put bigger ires on the same time I got my PPE.

I went from 17 to 18 stock to 18 to 19 ish with a superchips. managed to get 22 one time from my efi live tune. now milage is in the tank with the current tune i'm working on... but its more for 1/4 mile runs so who cares about milage there lol

I went from 17 to 18 stock to 18 to 19 ish with a superchips. managed to get 22 one time from my efi live tune. now milage is in the tank with the current tune i'm working on... but its more for 1/4 mile runs so who cares about milage there lol

Do you care to share a few tunes in the library?

I'll be getting it pretty soon!

I was jut talkin to GMClbz about that. I Will wade through my tunes and see what is worth while to share. I do have an lb7 tune i'd like to see tested on a dyno. it should be just over 500hp. the truck I was testing it on was shifting too hard. and I never got to fix that issue before the truck was wrecked. but he said it drove great other than that. I mostly have LBZ tunes since thats what i'm driving. I need to fill out my sig in here too.

i'll see what I can come up with. better get a tranny though. I have a few that will turn the guts to mush

Back