• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Modifying a DS4

saturntech95

Reaction score
Pictureb008.jpg

So I decided to pull one apart and see what can be done for more fuel. So far here are the ideas I have, bore and remove screen from inlet fitting, bore fittings from transfer pump to main pump, swap out cam ring with a DB2 one, slot the bolt holes in the transfer pump to adjust it forwad to make more preasure, find a way to unrestrict the outlet fittings? So those are the ideas I have so far not really sure how they will all work out but might as well try. Anyone have any other ides or have tried somthing and had good results.

Here are the fittings I was thinking of boring, they go in the two holes on the side of the pump.
Pictureb010.jpg

Pictureb009.jpg

Heres a DS4 cam ring, still need to find somewhere to get a DB2 one to try for fitment.
Pictureb011.jpg

Heres the outlet fitting, not quite sure yet but it seems to me like somthing could be done here.
Pictureb012.jpg

Lotsa' little parts in there. Never seen one taken apart before. Im to the point now where i have a pretty large puff of black then to a pretty gray haze when on the hot tune and deep in the throttle.

Thats where I am now with mine too but once I upgrade the turbo and a few other ideas I will be able to put alot more fuel to her. I know I can call Mr. Heath and have him write a hotter tune, that has already been discussed but you can only tune it so hot then you are restricted by the pump so "if" I can make the pump put out even say 10-20% more fuel then were really talking. Im actually thinking having a really hot PCM done and swaping back and forth for truck pull events so I can keep it safe for the street.

A DB2 cam ring will fit except for the cam pin hole. I wouldn't worry about the side fittings . Not sure what you mean about the transfer pump.

I'll have to take a couple pictures of what I mean with the transfer pump, basically I think infound a way to make it put out more preasure.

Any clue as to a place I can order DB2 and DS4 parts to build my pump?

You could get the stock cam ring machined. I have a few DB2 cam rings if you want one. I also think the computer might need to be by pased at full throttle,to ever get max fuel from a DS4. I guess theres only one way to find out.

Looks like something I did a while back. I can't find anyone willing to try modded parts for a ds4. There is so much that can be done. You are on the rite track.
Those fittings on the back of the pump have a "delivery valve" in them. There is a certain "shoulder" there that can be machined off.

If the pics are on your computer it's easy.

Just click on "Go Advanced" below the quick reply box, scroll down and click on "Manage Attachments"

Simple, yes! Thank you for the directions, I didn't know that! But alas... I am posting from my fone. And I haven't taken pics of them yet. If I get a chance, I will post them here.

If I remember right,it looks like the delivery valve has to open too far before it will let fuel out.

I'd try the stuff out on mine. I've got time while my rotating assembly's being balanced to mod if you need people to do it for testing purposes... Don't know if that would help you?

Factory delivery valve part.
4f4bf954.jpg

Here are the pictures of Cumminsfevers modified delivery valve, with the ring removed they do appear like they will flow tons more.
2011-11-14_09-32-47_79.jpg

2011-11-14_09-32-35_191.jpg

2011-11-14_09-31-38_6051.jpg

DS4 cam ring.
b8b544fd.jpg

As 6.2 turbo stated the much larger DB2 cam ring.
dfd6efef.jpg

I also ordered a DS4 rebuild kit and am still gonna play with a few other things befor it goes back together.

Back