• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mobil oil sale

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Mobil is doing an oil sale through the end of the year. $7 off per gallon of mobil delvac 15w40 or $10 off per gallon of 5w40 turbo diesel synthetic. The catch is it is only at certain retailers(pretty much the big parts chain stores), but rural king is one of them and has 15w40 delvac for $12.99 a gallon and 5w40 synthetic for $21.99 which is about the same as walmart, and they're one of the listed retailers.

https://www.mobil.com/en/mobil-delvac/products/promotions/60-off-diesel-domain

Last edited:
You have a Rural King there now Ferman?
Yep, it's like WalMart for men. They're going to put tractor supply out of business here soon, and they're putting a hurtin on lowes and harbor freight.

Just submitted mine for 10 gallons, and this is the max you can do.

Limit ten (10) per household for 1-gallon jugs
Limit six (6) per household for 2.5-gallon jugs
Limit six (6) per household for 5-gallon pails

If somebody had a semi and used the new FA oil, that would be a SERIOUS rebate. 6 rebates for 6-5 gallon pales at $60 a pale rebate.

Yeah, I've gotten plenty of rebates from Mobil the last several years. Now I am down to under 10k a year instead of over 30 when I was working. Of course, more time to shop Rural King now...

Mobil is doing an oil sale through the end of the year. $7 off per gallon of mobil delvac 15w40 or $10 off per gallon of 5w40 turbo diesel synthetic. The catch is it is only at certain retailers(pretty much the big parts chain stores), but rural king is one of them and has 15w40 delvac for $12.99 a gallon and 5w40 synthetic for $21.99 which is about the same as walmart, and they're one of the listed retailers.

https://www.mobil.com/en/mobil-delvac/products/promotions/60-off-diesel-domain
@THEFERMANATOR

and if you buy this one below... (same cost as the diesel truck oil) you get $12 per gallon reabate (up to 10)

mor112825-1.jpg

I just ordered 10 from rural King...they were $22gal compared to $32 at oreilly...was supposed to be free shipping over $99 but checkout wouldn't apply it (will call them tomorrow) shipping was $34

no rural king in LA...so no tax,,,Thats $2 gal saved of the $3 gal lost on shipping (if they won't fix it) but I'm way ahead at this point...$10 cheaper and a $12 mail in rebate per gal.

THANKS FERMAN ! ! ! !

I'm hesitant to run any of the esp type oils myself. That one appears to still be a ck-4 and not one of the new FA rated oils, but I'm sticking with the proven high zinc turbo diesel oil. Everything I could find on the esp said it's zinc content was around 900ppm to get it certified under the SN rating(for gas engines), and the turbo diesel is still around 1100ppm.

If you're buying the esp oil, it comes in a 5 gallon bucket with a $60 rebate on it for $119.99 at rural king. You can get the rebate on the 10 single gallon jugs and still claim 6 rebates for 5 gallon pales if you want to buy a lifetime supply of oil.

Last edited:
I'm hesitant to run any of the esp type oils myself. That one appears to still be a ck-4 and not one of the new FA rated oils, but I'm sticking with the proven high zinc turbo diesel oil. Everything I could find on the esp said it's zinc content was around 900ppm to get it certified under the SN rating(for gas engines), and the turbo diesel is still around 1100ppm.

If you're buying the esp oil, it comes in a 5 gallon bucket with a $60 rebate on it for $119.99 at rural king. You can get the rebate on the 10 single gallon jugs and still claim 6 rebates for 5 gallon pales if you want to buy a lifetime supply of oil.
Whats your thoughts on adding zink I add it to the synethic oils in my Cummins and Miata.....I've also taken to adding Tungsten disulfide nano particle powder to the Miata's oil too.
I've been looking into coating the Cummins tappets and/or having them EMD drilled too for a later install of better cam.

Whats your thoughts on adding zink I add it to the synethic oils in my Cummins and Miata.....I've also taken to adding Tungsten disulfide nano particle powder to the Miata's oil too.
I've been looking into coating the Cummins tappets and/or having them EMD drilled too for a later install of better cam.
I'm torn on adding it. I do it for break in, but otherwise I just stick to an oil that already has it in it. Unlesd you do an oil analisys after adding the additives to see the total levels, I wouldn't chance it. Zddp is one of those things where not enough is bad, but too much is even worse. If you get to much zinc and phosphourus, your oil becomes acidic and will attack the bearings just sitting there.

What does zink do in oil?
I have been running the 5W40 Turbo Diesel Mobil 1 synthetic for a few years now.
As a matter of fact, since the last time a few years back that someone posted a sale. Lol. I bought about 15 gallons. Lasted me 5 years or so.

We're a 2 Dmax family...so it's only 2 oil changes per vehicle that I'll be running the stuff.

I used to always run the Delvac 1 that I'd buy at a truck stop here in Slidell, before the Turbo diesel rebranded oil came out...Bob is the Oil Guy said the 2 were the same way back when, when the Turbo diesel came out... I see there is no just plain Delvac 1 anymore...at least that I can find...just the Delvac 1 ESP, or the Delvac 1 5w30

Here are the specs on the 5w40esp

5W-40

Specifications and approvals
Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 engine oil meets or exceeds the requirements of:
  • ACEA E9, E7
  • API CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4, SN, SM
  • Caterpillar ECF-3
  • Cummins CES 20086, 20081
  • JASO DH-2
Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 engine oil is approved by the following OEMs:
  • Detroit Fluids Specification 93K222, 93K218
  • Mack EOS-4.5
  • MTU Oil Category 2.1
  • Renault Trucks RLD-4
  • Volvo VDS-4.5

This product has the following builder approvals:

Detroit Fluids Specification 93K218

Detroit Detroit Fluids Specification 93K222

MACK EOS-4.5

Mack EO-O Premium Plus

MAN M 3575

MB-Approval 228.31

MTU Oil Category 2.1

RENAULT TRUCKS RLD-4

VOLVO VDS-4.5

VOLVO VDS-4

This product meets or exceeds the requirements of the following industry and builder specifications:

ACEA E9

ACEA E7

API CK-4

API CJ-4

API CI-4 PLUS

API CI-4

API CH-4

API SM

API SN

JASO DH-2

CATERPILLAR ECF-3

Cummins CES 20081

CUMMINS CES 20086

Here are some specs on the 5w40 "Turbo Diesel" Branded Oil

Specifications and Approvals

This product meets or exceeds the requirements of the following industry and builder specifications:

ACEA E7

API CJ-4

API CI-4 PLUS

API CI-4

API CH-4

API SM

API SL

CATERPILLAR ECF-3

API CG-4

API CK-4

API SN

ACEA E9-12

I could NOT find the complete Data sheet that was available for the ESP

Here are some specs on the 5w40 "Turbo Diesel" Branded Oil

Specifications and Approvals

ACEA E7

API CJ-4

API CI-4 PLUS

API CI-4

API CH-4

API SM

API SL

CATERPILLAR ECF-3

API CG-4

API CK-4

API SN

ACEA E9-12

I could NOT find the complete Data sheet that was available for the ESP
Neither of those is complete as I don't see zinc or phosphourus. The last I checkef the turbo diesel did not meet SN approval where your sheet says it does. SN rating means it has low zinc content for cat converter protection. Zinc is a high pressure wear additive. It adds shear protection and helps the oil to have a cushion in a sense. It was added origanally to keep from wiping out the cam lobes on flat tappet cams where direct metal to metal contact takes place. I found the current specs for the 5w40 turbo diesel oil and it still had 1100ppm of zinc which is reduced from the old 1300ppm, but alot better than the 800-900ppm that is allowed in SN rated oils. That reduction in zinc is why Ford didn't approve the new ck-4 oil standard and came out with there own standard. They said the lowered zinc levels lead to rapid valve train wear from not enough impact resistance in the oil from the zinc reduction. As far as I know, all the ESP oils meet the SN rating and have less than 900ppm of zinc.

Back