• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Missy and DaHoooley, the SAGA continues

MGW gald to see you thinking about the Wide butt truck once again, looking forward to your narrative. :)

The Dahooley will ride again!

Oh yesssss

The fat butt truck is gonna ride again.

Really hoping that sitting for nearly 3 years is not going to leave me with a bunch of electronic gremlins.

We shall see.

I have had those moisture absorbing gizmos in the cab, buttttttttttttttt, sitting fouls things up.

Missy

Yup, 3 years almost.

The engine that was in the rig went away in early 09 and I did the repairs using a block scrounged from a rebuilders supply.

Turned up that one deck had been machined previously and I used a special extra thick gasket on the one side that was an MLS type.

The enginec ran great, but the odd gasket failed in the fall of 2010 and the truck sat through the winter of 10-11 and then through summer of 11 due to trying to get enough parts to build a new engine.

The new engine did not come together fully until late 11 and into the early summer of 12

Summer 12 saw my diagnosis with kidney cancer and then the rest of the summer frittered away. Plans were made to drop the engine in the first weekend of September, but I had my stroke on the 29th of August, so that got fouled.

So here we are in April of 13.

The current plan is, as soon as we get some decent weather, to get the engine dropped back in and running.

Everything for the most part is all new, left from the last go round, so its just a matter of getting it back in the truck and running.

We shall see.

Missy

Well nice to see you back here and glad you are still kicking, you had some warranty issues yourself. I hope you are fully recovered and dont over do it on the truck work.

Thanks davo

Warranty, haaaaaaa, this old gal is like the 6.5, looooooooooong past warranty.

But, after a trip to the shop, a couple hours up on the rack and a little adjustment or two, and OL Missy is ticking along pretty good again, save for a few sore spots

Sunday I had to rip into the pellet stove and fix it. Damn, about kicked my butt.
Getting up and down, crawling around and such is very hard after my stroke back in August, so it just makes doing things twice as hard and take twice as long.

Butt, last night around 7 the little stove was all back working again.

We heat the house with 3 pellet stoves burning nut shells, and this time of year the big ones are just too much heat, so getting the little one back up was imperative.

Hey, were in there battling back.
Now the only thing holding me up is the residuals from the stroke, and much of that may not go away anytime soon, if at all.

Thanks troops

Missy

Mother had a stroke (Ischemic) there a few years back, shes 83 now. Was a pretty bad one, affected her right side and speech. At first speech and movement was non-existant but now she can communicate fairly well even to those that aren't around as often. I still rely on some body language to communicate but ya know what? She gets better every week. Physically she was not-so-able even before the stroke but even that shows improvement.

The brain will 're-wire' itself. Amazing thing, these brains we have!

Me thinks Missy will get it going no problems. :thumbsup:

Robyn, Let me tell you that one of the best things for rehab (regen? :D) is an enthusiastic and supportive cheering section. 3 years of going through cancer, radiation, chemo (hormone) and loss of all muscle tone and now I'm nearly back to some semblence of normal. Like yours, my focus was - 'I can get through this' and did. But with the steadfast support of family, friends and these guys here (whether they knew about it or not) made it so much more bearable and possible to keep on plugging along. So no matter how big your cheering section at home, don't forget you have a pretty big one here too and we aren't leaving you behind. This old dog'll be keeping an ear tilted ya'know...

My online friends have been a real help through these tough times.

So far, so good, Still sore to some degree, but getting on with healing up.

Even with the cancer thing behind me, the deficits left by the stroke is frustrating to say the least.

Trying to do things that require fine motor control with my right hand is still sketchy, but I have adapted enough to keep from getting into a sour mood all the time.

My spouse is real helpful, except if we have to work on things mechanical, then all bets are off.

I call in my Son inlaw and brief him on what we need to do, then try and move ahead.

Thanks so much for the kind words and support.

Missy

Back