• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Minot, ND to Indiana - round trip. Nov 21-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
Trying to find a less expensive way to go home for thanksgiving. Leaving minot on the 21 and arriving back on the 25. Otherwise I'll have those days off to work on the truck, haha.

HAHA - I posted the original post back on November 7, 2012. I've already made the trip. And drove home, to Indiana, in March, haha.

It's kind of a shame to delete it now. First time I saw it

Just noticed you're near clifton, IL - do you know of a auto junk/salvage yard north or, I'm thinking, south of you on 57. It'd be on the west side of the highway and south of an overpass. There were some vehicles that always caught my eye when I was working out of Frankfort, but having to drive to Bloomington, IL. Just never stopped to see what was there, or if it was a business or just someone's private collection.

Wow! I've heard "over by the old burned tree" and "bout a a few miles from the ditch" but that is the first land marker involving the klan! I'm guessing not a diverse group of customers in that parts store.

Otto Road & 57 - West Side of 57, south side of 0tto Road?

That is a junk yard. Usually reasonably priced Thompson Auto Wreckers. (815) 697-2223. 5049 S 1400w Rd, Chebanse, IL 60922. Cross Streets: Near the intersection of S 1400W Rd and Otto Rd. . There is another you pull it a little north and west of there as well. Half off on Wednesdays KAR http://www.kankakeeauto.com/

I know you dont need it now, but have you ever looked into Amtrak? I am curious as to the level of awesome a train ride would be.

I know you dont need it now, but have you ever looked into Amtrak? I am curious as to the level of awesome a train ride would be.

I had when I was looking, and also before I flew home for Christmas, but the train ride would've taken 2-4 days and cost me $100+. Cheaper than the truck, but not nearly quicker.

Looking for a scrap GM engine block to use as a template to weld a 4L80E transmission. Must have the top center hole. Most any newer block will work. From a 6.2 diesel to a small block. As long as it has the top center hole for the transmission
Near L'Erable, Illinois South of Kankakee about 15 miles south of the south side.
Also looking for the bolts to mount the trans with.

Looking for a scrap GM engine block to use as a template to weld a 4L80E transmission. Must have the top center hole. Most any newer block will work. From a 6.2 diesel to a small block. As long as it has the top center hole for the transmission
Near L'Erable, Illinois South of Kankakee about 15 miles south of the south side.

I think you're on the wrong thread... haha.

Wow! I've heard "over by the old burned tree" and "bout a a few miles from the ditch" but that is the first land marker involving the klan! I'm guessing not a diverse group of customers in that parts store.

ya know - I just saw your response to his land marker, and I thought the same thing when I read his response, haha.

I think you're on the wrong thread... haha.

Should have been done in a PM. Forest, do you want this thread closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back