• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Military 6.5 N/A

Bostonguy

Reaction score
I'm looking at a surplus 6.5 non-turbo. I called gep and they identified it. He told me the pistons aren't anodized and that its a lower HP engine. He told me I could install my turbo but its going to be a lower hp engine. Has anyone purchased an N/A motor and installed a turbo? Results?

This is one of the more preffered way to do a swap.

Lower compression ratio means more room for boost from turbo.
The best thing to do is
1.pop it apart, put in gapless rings, makesure you have good flowing precups (check what you get before buying new ones) to handle large turbo, new headgaskets with arp studs.
2.Rebuild injectors at high pop pressure for turbo (balance within 25 psi of each other preffered. Turn up fuel screw on the db2, swap oil pan, drop it in.
3. Floor it.

Unless your trying to go lower budget, then just drop it in, turn up the fuel screw, add the turbo, different oilpan.
When you can afford to do the injectors.

Either way you need to throw in egt and boost gauges.

This is one of the more preffered way to do a swap.

Lower compression ratio means more room for boost from turbo.
The best thing to do is
1.pop it apart, put in gapless rings, makesure you have good flowing precups (check what you get before buying new ones) to handle large turbo, new headgaskets with arp studs.
2.Rebuild injectors at high pop pressure for turbo (balance within 25 psi of each other preffered. Turn up fuel screw on the db2, swap oil pan, drop it in.
3. Floor it.

Unless your trying to go lower budget, then just drop it in, turn up the fuel screw, add the turbo, different oilpan.
When you can afford to do the injectors.

Either way you need to throw in egt and boost gauges.

You just discribed my build.

Any idea from where to find these gapless 2nd ring?

I bought some rings thin sent them in to Total Seal for the machine work. Supposedly it one of the best things you can do to keep soot out of the oil. I'll find out.

Back