• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mice troubles?

hookedup50

Reaction score
I've posted about this before, but am I the only one that gets mice in the cab? There is no food in there to attract them. I replaced the entire interior and welded in all rotten cab panels where they could get in. I put hardware cloth in the HVAC outlets as I thought that was possibly an entrance. The only other thing I see is that hole where the hood support goes and you can see the inner door. All seals are new. I catch 3 or four mice a week and as a resort I guess I will have to put a trail camera inside to find out.

None of the trucks in my sig have had a mouse except the 97. It had them when I bought it for parts. There must be some seal that is missing.

I have had mice build a nest in moth balls and they stink. I have put a bar of Irish Spring soap in my grain truck, they chewed on it, but it smells nice.

Your best route is to find the entry IMO.

Go to the local semi-big-box pet store and get a portable UV light for spotting cat urine. Works the same way for mice.

Mice usually pee-as-they-go, so you will likely spot the trail and then find the source of entry.

I have put a bar of Irish Spring soap in my grain truck, they chewed on it, but it smells nice.
I like your automatically renewing air freshener scent system. You should get a patent on that.

Update.... Now that the transmission is dead, and having no reverse lights had me looking at wiring under dash and to clean the mess they made, I tore out the remaining sound/ heat barrier, and found a 1 1/4 inch hole that whoever removed the plow system, never installed a grommet. It was up under the master cylinder. I left the windows open in hope that if I trapped anyone in, they could exit. Apparently they didn't figure out how to leave and now forced to remove the interior to remove the worse odor than mouse crap.

I feel your pain, the little buggers got into a tractor and my combine. Must be old rubber boots drying up opening up holes. I found the one in my tractor and used expanding foam.

I live out in the woods and own an old house with a partial stone, they are an issue with everything I own. All I can do is control their numbers. Poison is not an option as I worry about the dog and cats eating one, and having then die in the wall causes the stink that was in my truck.

Recently read in a camping forum that peppermint extract is effective for keeping the rodents away. Apply around on the ground around the wheels (original access point). Only down-side is that an application only lasts two - three months and then needs another dose.

Back