• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

METRUM ROD FSU now available!!

this is a great product. i've held it and it's quality. i will get one when i get a new tank and get back on my feet.

I have ruined the entire injection and fuel system due to bugs making corrosive water saturated fuel. The only thing that survived was Leroy's METRUM ROD FSU. New fuel tank, diffrent IP, yes even killed the Walbro, new FFM, new injectors, hoses, and reused the METRUM ROD FSU.

Only way to "hurt" one is drop the tank without unplugging it. :facepalm: You can repair the ripped out wires. :rolleyes:

It was nice to know the fuel level before dropping the tank. GM's sensor reads empty when it fails so to prevent a mess and a fuel bath: always stick a hose in the tank and suck it dry before you drop a fuel tank. Esp. one that has a clogged screen or pickup tube.

........... GM's sensor reads empty when it fails so to prevent a mess and a fuel bath: always stick a hose in the tank and suck it dry before you drop a fuel tank. Esp. one that has a clogged screen or pickup tube.
i did that only once. it tasted terrible, took forever to get the taste out of my mouth and it gave me the runs.

Just checking...

Will this work on a 94 Chevy cab and chassis gasser? If I have to change my fuel pump I'm dropping the tank and getting a 33 gal tank instead of the 25 gal in it and I'd like a more accurate fuel gauge.

If pump is in tank no at least not in the sender. It could be mount through the tank itself though. Just need to know how long to make it.

Im not for sure on it, if its the plastic FSU with pump your going to have to figure it out. I had a guy with a van that had the plastic FSU, but external pump and he modified his FSU to work. I can text you picture/s

The in-tank pumps eliminate the 1980's problem of no-lead gasoline having lots of high volatile stuff to increase octane. (1980's were vapor lock Hell with engine driven fuel pumps sucking fuel from the tank.) In other words in tank pumps nearly eliminate vapor lock. I don't recommend going back to external pumps with gasoline due to this trade off. As I vapor lock Diesel engines YMMV.

If it was mine I would drill a mounting hole next to the pickup/pump assembly and put the METRUM ROD FSU in through the big pickup/pump/sender hole and mount/seal it in the newly drilled hole. Thus keeping the in-tank fuel pump.

imo the vapor lock issue is because they put the pump too far away. If an electric pump is right next to the tank, then pumps the fuel to the engine it would be fine. The name is a PUMP, not a SUCK. Pumps dont suck well and if engineers had learned this way back when, we would have been better off. I hate in tank pumps and would love to see the trend end.

Back