• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mechanical pump conversion

There are ups and downs to both set-ups. If you want to use bio fuels, the DB-2 is MUCH more tolerant as was previously stated. Without the Optic sensor or anything like that the pump doesn't care what color the fuel is, so long as it pumps. There is merit to the idea of going "backwards" in the name of power, as can be seen with the Cummins 12V vs. the 24V. Even if the 24V's electronic IP didn't want to die the second it went without fuel, a modified p-pump on a 12V will pump out ridiculous amounts of power.

I know plenty of guys around here running DB2's on all kinds of crap fuel (waste oil, etc), -with a fraction of the issues associated with the DS pumps.

Take that for whatever it's worth.

I know I love my DB2, -and couldn't be paid enough money to go back to a DS/PMD setup, -but that's just me, -maybe I am an exception to the rule.

Granted, there are pros and cons to both EFI and MFI, -I like both and think both have their place. The DB is impervious to an EMP also, -which is peace of mind. My truck only needs one wire to run, -and that in itself puts a big smile across my face.

Just my little .02

yep, DB-2 gets my vote after a lot of reading and a little more working on other people's DS-4 equipped 6.5. :mad2:

i know plenty of guys around here

the db is impervious to an emp also, -which is peace of mind. My truck only needs one wire to run, -and that in itself puts a big smile across my face.

Just my little .02

so it will start but the tranny won't work.:d

Back