• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

MBRP "Turn Down" Series

RI Chevy Silveradoman

At your service
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this exhaust system? I am just curious of how loud it would be over a stock system. I am worried about the drone or echo off the pavement inside the cab. My truck is not lifted. MBRP S6004TD 4" 409 Stainless Turbo Back "Turn Down" Exhaust for 01-10 6.6L Gm Duramax

I have no personal experience with one myself, but I would think dumping in front of the axle would be loud as heck inside the cab under load. I have a turn down on the BURB and it did increase the sound level inside the BURB during normal driving, but it isn't that bad towing(it is actually quieter now since the exhaust sound isn't bouncing off the front of trailers and such I was towing). I would talk to Leroy and get a DIAMOND EYE myself as MBRP does tend to be on the loud side.

My home made rigged up exhaust dumps behind the cab and angles down toward the axle. It is loud for a 6.5 and is even louder when towing.

One thing about the Diamond Eye is somewhat more difficulties in fitting it than MBRP or so I'm told. I know mine was not the easiest system I've installed

Sent from my SCH-I535

The 304ss MBRP system I had fit excellent and sounded good with the cat still in place, it wasn't loud and did not have a drone.

When I put a cat delete pipe on it was annoying IMO, really loud at WOT and the vacuum cleaner hissing got old fast. Ended up putting the cat back on after a while.

I'd be hesitant to try the turndown setup, seems like it would have a boomy echo in the cab because of where it exits.

Thanks for the responses. Just to clarify, the turn down exits just after the rear axle, downward toward the ground. It looks as if it was designed for lifted trucks, which is why I figure it will be louder than a typical replacement exhaust system that exits in the OEM spot. I plan on going with a downpipe back exhaust system. I do like the 304ss MBRP, but they are very expensive. I am still looking at all of my options. I'd love to get a Corsa, but they are also pricey.

The 409 grade SS of the Diamond Eye will get plenty of surface rust. I polished the outlet section on mine so it's easy to clean up when I clean the truck. Should be some discussion in an exhaust thread when I did it about a year ago.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I've been brawling with mine, and I think I got it pretty well lined out now. Its really quiet in the cab (Diamond Eye 4" Turbo back with Quiet Tone front pipe and muffler) The fit issue was in part my own choosing, but like Mike said it still seemed to be a bit more stubborn to get right. I took a bunch of pictures of the new hangers I made up and the ones I cut off and I will try to put together a write up.

None of this has anything to do with the orignal Turn down question. Sorry

Back