• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Maximum Effort

It looked familiar, I had to do some google action to see. Thats not one of the 4 clyinder shut off ones is it?

I'm not sure. I know some had the 4 cylinder idle option while some of the later ones didn't. I will have to see. I have no idea what it came off of or year other than the motor. I'm sure I can disable the 4 cylinder idle somehow if it does have one.

No, the motors were not high output. Fuel rate stock is about 70cc's. So slightly above a stock DB2831-4911. However, this can be ramped WAY up from there. I am only looking for a fuel rate in the 110-130cc range. So not very much more. The pump should be more than capable of it and grow as I build if I need more.

Reactions: NVW
A couple decades back we had a neighbor with an IH 1468 that had the original tractor (idle on 4 cylinder) version pump. They had the pump modified to always run on all 8 - believe by a pump shop in NE IA called Dubuque Injection Service that had some experience with that pump. Tractor didn't always come back to 8 fast enough & would occasionally die if load came up faster than fueling to 2nd 4 cylinders could catch up.

If memory serves, there were some differences between the truck & tractor DV550 pump governor systems? Might be worth a call to that pump shop? Don't know how common experience with that pump will be. Relative to the P pumps?

Wonder if the DV550 truck engines were red like IH tractor engines since pump is red?

Last edited:
I know the governors are different. Has an AG governor on it now, and will have to be switched. Either to a K-style governor or something custom. My pump guy is gone to a convention this week and knows some old timers that are good with these things. Gonna get some info this coming week hopefully

Do I see another Readers Rides entry coming from you if this critter works out and you can push near 400 hp at the crank with it?

Haha Oh I bet I could slide another article into Diesel Power lol speak of the devil, I was just reading that article yesterday on the throne. It's sitting about 4 feet from me as I type this lol

I remember well. I have every issue back to Vol. 1 No. 3. So, are we to infer that you just typed your response while seated upon your throne since the article is 4 feet away?

I have a flip phone. Indestructible, but let's just say it isn't the most entertaining thing to take into the throne room. Computers are a lot nicer lol

Back