• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Max Fuel rate

kane

Reaction score
Does someone have powerchipped PCM and Tdscan Tech sw in use? (or similar/"powered" PCM). How much is WOT fuel rate? (you have res 9#?)
Is it close to 80mm3? Is orig. typically about 63.5mm3 (res 5#)?

-kane-

Stock program rate on S trucks is 56 mm, F trucks 63 mm, reflashed depending whos you get will be 76+, Heath tunes are 80+ have seen as much as 82.

Changineg resistor won't show amount of change on a scan tool, and though a 5 is null omm, 0 is -4mm, and 9 is supposed to give +4mm potentially, physical delivery change will be dependent upon health of IP.

Ok, thanks!
I have now WOT 79,69mm3 (tdscan tech) with EM chip.
Hmmm... I'm testing now 100K potentiometer (I would say 10# resistor)...

Anything over about a #9 sets code, biggest # is a #14, what you are doing is biasing the current supplied to the fuel solenoid seen via CTME (closure time), resistor value is not "seen" by PCM until a TDC learn is initiated, there is a vendor that fleeces 6.5 guys into thinking the rate can be adjusted on the fly, it does not work that way, he sells an "adjustable rate controller" for on the fly adjustments, HA

ouput is measured in cubic millimeters per 1000 strokes which is dispayed on a scan tool as fuel rate 0-56mm on stock S, 0-63 mm on stock F or 80mm max with a reflash asking for that rate which is nominal max rated flow of the DS-4 IP

With my "Wester's" chip GMCTDScantech says the requested fuel rate is 93 mm3 but the actual fuel rate is 78.5 mm3. That must be the max. my pump puts put. Leo

Published delivery you DS4 is 80mm, unpublished is 92 mm max as most a IP 100% healthy could ever push out, several vendors fudge the displayed value so you don't know what actual delivery you are getting is, (therfore keeping their fuel curves propietary) so depending on program vendor & IP health all we can know for sure unless you have a bench to flow with the program is more thn 63 mm and less than 92mm, I caution you to not get fixated on output number only, part of a tube is fuel-boost-shift-timing profile as well, earliest chips/tunes (Hypertech) were max boost/max fuel, and highest failure rates, as in engines that go boom.

ouput is measured in cubic millimeters per 1000 strokes which is dispayed on a scan tool as fuel rate 0-56mm on stock S, 0-63 mm on stock F or 80mm max with a reflash asking for that rate which is nominal max rated flow of the DS-4 IP

Tim -

The fuel delivery rate is actually cubic millimeters (mm^3) of fuel injected. When tested on a pump stand, the delivery is specified as XXX cubic centimeters per 1000 strokes, as it is easier to measure the delivery (in cc's) of 1000 strokes and then "convert" to mm^3.

And there are injection pumps (not DB2's or DS-4's) that can deliver more than 1000mm^3 (or 1000cc's per 1000 strokes).:yikes:

Regards,

Yup Gary,

Knew about the math part wrote it wrong thanks for correction

Been eyeballing viability of DB-4 myself, working with a buddy who says his DB-2 is providing more fuel than he can use, I may be loaning him the TD-07 turbo to see if more cfm of air will clear up the black smoke, if it runs out of fuel with more air then next step may be modifying a DB-4 mech IP which IIRC is rated for 400 hp fuel supply

Yup Gary,

Knew about the math part wrote it wrong thanks for correction

Been eyeballing viability of DB-4 myself, working with a buddy who says his DB-2 is providing more fuel than he can use, I may be loaning him the TD-07 turbo to see if more cfm of air will clear up the black smoke, if it runs out of fuel with more air then next step may be modifying a DB-4 mech IP which IIRC is rated for 400 hp fuel supply

The 4 roller "DB2" is the Stanadyne DB2831-5722 model. A pump shop told me that this pump should be EASILY capable of 100mm^3...:hand:

Regards,

Back