• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

marine injectors

jordi1976

Reaction score
Hi sirs,anyone can tell me the brand and model or reference number of marine injectors for the6.5 td?
Are bosch or ac delco?
Is true the 40 horsepower plus?
In USA are at good price,but shipping to spain is so expensive, and, I want search in spain if they exists here.
sorry for my bad english, I hope hou understand me my words, thanks

I am not sure on the number.

No need to find Marine injectors for this truck.
It has proven to not add anything and it may cause issue due not being build properly with those cheap ones.

The real marine injector with Bosch nozzle should cost between $600 to $800 in the US if they exist.
The one that goes for less than $400 are Chinese made and they are not suitable for this truck.

Get a regular Bosch injector and be done with it.

By the way, you can search about marine injector in this forum and other 6.5 forum.

If I recall correctly, the Bosch marine injector nozzle is part #0432217255

If going in the marine injector direction, recommendations to take full advantage of them are:
> 'Feed the Beast' (aka FTB) mod.
> make sure the lift pump (LP) is good or preferably better than OE.
> set the pop (pop-off-pressure) on the injectors to 2,300 psi.

Depending on the truck's year, it might need a new tune.

I know a source in the US for marine injectors if this is how you really want to go.

From what I understand, marine injectors are worth it only if you use a tuned ECM. This is the only way you can expect 40~60 true more horse power.

Other than that, just expect shetland ponies or dwarf miniature horse power with marine injectors :hihi:

Thank you, at the moment I'm starting the truck,but my intention is tune up it, and no I haven't much money for t'ha truck,I'm go so slowly,but thanks another time to you for aid me

There are better improvements to spend money on before that in my opinion if your injectors are currently ok.

The stock injectors can flow more fuel than the IP can provide with or without a tune,the injection pump is the true bottleneck in the system as far as gaining power through fueling is concerned.

There is no benefit to marine injectors unless they are paired with the mechanical marine DB4 IP.

The bigger question is what are the goals?

As Will mentioned, there are upgrades that are less expensive with good results (Example: upgrading from a flat air filter to the round high flow filter).

At this point, recommend to look through the Technical Library (http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?218-6-2-and-6-5-Technical-Reference-Library) for ideas of what you want to do with the truck.

Prior to doing any upgrades, a good thing to start with is a set of additional gauges and understanding what the limitations are (ex: exhaust gas temperature (EGT)).

Back