• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

manual valvebody?

offthewall

Reaction score
im not a complete mechanical genius so i might be using the wrong terminology but what im wondering is... is there a way to make the alli a "manual valvebody" trans? what im going off of is like a turbo 350 or other gas trannys that work as a normal auto trans but you can manually shift when you "ratchet shift". is this possible? or is there to many electronics on the alli? what im wishing is to make the gear limiter on my "M" gear into this instead of just a top gear limiter.

im not a complete mechanical genius so i might be using the wrong terminology but what im wondering is... is there a way to make the alli a "manual valvebody" trans? what im going off of is like a turbo 350 or other gas trannys that work as a normal auto trans but you can manually shift when you "ratchet shift". is this possible? or is there to many electronics on the alli? what im wishing is to make the gear limiter on my "M" gear into this instead of just a top gear limiter.

Cannot be done.

The ALLISON is so complex in it's shifting that the aftermarket has yet to be able to make a controller to shift one successfully. They've gotten them so they shift somewhat, but not all the time. It's a good tranny, but ALLISON has a lockdown on the controls for it.

Back