• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Making a tube header for the turbo side

Looks nice. :) I have been contemplating the same thing, thought about a log, maybe even modifying hummer headers. Maybe one of these days I will have the time!!! I like it- cannot wait to see/ hear how it all works once it is ready to be installed. Gotta be way better than factory! Nice job!

Looks nice. :) I have been contemplating the same thing, thought about a log, maybe even modifying hummer headers. Maybe one of these days I will have the time!!! I like it- cannot wait to see/ hear how it all works once it is ready to be installed. Gotta be way better than factory! Nice job!
Thanks CP. I too thought about modifying Hummer headers but I didn't like how small the tubes are...but yes anything has to be better than stock.

Ok I'm going to tentatively say that it's done. I think I'll sleep on it and look at it again in the morning to see if there's anything I want to touch up. The middle was tricky but it worked out ok with a little patience and perseverence. I definitely know why I've never seen one of these before.... I have over 17 hours in just tube fabrication! And another 5 or so in fixture and flange fab. Yikes!!! But it was fun and I think I have a cool result, so I'll say it was worth it. I don't think I'll be going into production anytime soon though :woot:

The pictures don't do the mergers justice but I'll post them anyway. Paint tomorrow!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I couldn't help myself, I just had to bolt it together on the mockup engine and take some more pics.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I was thinking you could have used one of those T4 to T3 converter flanges. Would have had more room for tubes.
With a ATT the T4 flange could have been used, thats what I did on my set up.
I'll try to find one and post a picture.

Really Leroy....share that with me now???? Ha. Tis ok, I probably would have done it the same way I did anyway just for flexibility's sake. But if I ever do something like this again I should do more searching for premade pieces parts.

Very cool concept. You see a lot of turbo headers from companies with significant engineering resources that don't have equal length tubes. They do it where the fitment allows, but seem to make compromises when it's difficult. Suspect any gains from equal length tubes in our application would be turbo spool in keeping all 8 "putts" equally timed. That's tough to accomplish.

Burns Stainless has some very nice header fab pieces but they're expensive. I've been repeatedly impressed with CXRacing's parts/price value ratio. Their aluminum tube bend & couplers kits are a great value. Material welds well, aluminum is easier to bead a ridge into to give couplers a better bite to hold together.

I was just ready to slap some paint on it and I realized I had forgotten to put a place for the pyro probe!! I added 2 so I can also add a drive pressure gauge if I want. image.jpgimage.jpg

Good idea on the extra hole, I also did that on the stock manifold. It still has a plug in it.:(

Back