• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Major LBZ Issues

im out of the 36k warranty so ill just upgrade!!! lol
Bought my used at 79k, with no problems with past owner. I have had the Trans cooler lines replaced about 3 weeks after I bought it, taken care of under warrenty. No problem with the speakers like some have had, but am looking to upgrade as well.

Intermediate steering shaft replaced and serpentine belt,so far thats it!:chevy:

I've got the squeaky belt, and have had the leaky trans lines replaced ( at about 24,000).
Belt quiets down after it warms up, but it's kind of embarrassing when it sounds like an old washing machine.

Only problems ive had are the fuel tank keeps needing to be filled up and I lost my four wheel drive. GM fixed it the next day and havent had a problem since. Awesome trucks!

Nothing Major here.

Squeaky driver's seat - fixed at 10k
Steering shaft 2x's - finally fixed at 25K with the new shaft.
Squeaky belt 2x's - finally fixed at 25K with the new belt.
Trans cooler lines - replaced
My head unit clips when in radio mode, un-fixed , can't duplicate because they wont listen to it for more than 3 minutes to diagnose

The only other issue is the 1300-1400RPM 5th and 6th gear moan and groan when the air temps are cold.

Oh yea, premature tire wear. :)

Love my truck

Ian

Just had trans.lines replaced again x2,radio replaced again x4,drivers door speaker at 25000. Transmission shudder in 6th gear reflashed at 25000. other than that no major problems.

Its been to the stealership on their dime a few times in 40,000 miles.

Tail shaft seal
EGR valve
2 Sets of tranny lines
Intermediate steering shaft

Just the normal for me, a clunking steering shaft all the sorry speakers that they put in a $40,000+ truck:mad:. The only problem that mine has that might be a little different is the tailgate latch will not retract enough to shut the tailgate. It just bangs the latch against the bar so I have to reset the latch by hand everytime that want to shut the tailgate:noidea:. Took it to the dealership to have the steering shaft looked at and the lath replacesd an they said that they couldn't replicate any of the problems that I have had. They said maybe I wasn't slamming th tailgate hard enough.

104,000 this week. Picked it up new Sep 06 and only problem's have been front wheel bearing's and bad speakers. I am happy so far.

Later Tom

four wheel drive actuator replaced (leaking). EGR Valve replaced at 20,500 miles and waiting a few months to get the steering clunk fixed, hoping the dealer will fix it for good?

Passenger door speaker and that's it in 41,000 miles.
Thought the speaker was blown again and it ended up being some misc tools ratteling around in the door pockets. Guess I won't keep my loose sockets in there anymore :D

I've got the leaky trans lines and will get them replaced once GM gets their act together and develops a fix for them. Just writing that angers me to the point of breaking my keyboard.
All that money for a truck and I we can't get tranny lines that don't leak.

But, I will stop my bitching because there are far worse horror stories on the "other" forums....

Back