• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Major LBZ Issues

FireMedicJO

Reaction score
Anyone with any major issues so far with their LBZ. No engine related problems here, just some minor quarks with the interior, EGR reflash, and a driver's door speaker.

Tracker, have these been clogging issues, replacements, or the computer reflash. I got a CEL just before blocking mine. Code was P0041 and my dealer did a program update, and all was good. Blocked and fingered the next day. Just curious if these things are clogging up due to soot or just simply malfunctioning.

Tracker, have these been clogging issues, replacements, or the computer reflash. I got a CEL just before blocking mine. Code was P0041 and my dealer did a program update, and all was good. Blocked and fingered the next day. Just curious if these things are clogging up due to soot or just simply malfunctioning.

These have all been associated with the p0403, i've tried the reprgram on several with no luck, they return with the same problem. The only way i've gotten them fixed was by replacing the egr valve assembly. I just looked and there is a new bulletin that says that if the ecm has the updated calibration and still sets the p0403 then only the egr motor needs to be replaced, they are saying that carbon under the brushes may cuse the code to set. I have not yet tried this particular fix, it may work.

This Pistons are a Issue with these engines. Some are lasting longer than others...

Hopefully someone can figure out the problem of cracking.

they do have some problems with the pistons but you would need a **** load of power to crack them idahorob is running twins with stock internals. I havent heard of one story of a stock truck cracking pistons i know gasout cracked one on his kodiak which has been through alot of stress running the ppe hot+2et with alot of other mods.

they do have some problems with the pistons but you would need a **** load of power to crack them idahorob is running twins with stock internals. I havent heard of one story of a stock truck cracking pistons i know gasout cracked one on his kodiak which has been through alot of stress running the ppe hot+2et with alot of other mods.

Some have cracked at stock power levels, also it is thought that high EGTs is the biggest part of the cause, if this is in fact the main source of the cause, than Idahorob's truck with twin turbos can run higher hp and torque but have lower EGTs.

high egt's is deff a cause, gasout finally cracked his piston running high levels on his ppe with his kodiak, and he put it through alot going through the dunes. some people have cracked stock pistons, but most people that have, run high HP tuners.

Most people that are having the issue are running in excess of 550@ the rear wheels, just want everyone to know what is possible.

Back